I have an 8700r and it is unlocked. From time to time my blackberry will ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jared1120 no está en línea Stack level 1

gray screen

Advertisement

I have an 8700r and it is unlocked. From time to time my blackberry will just go to a gray screen without warning. Usually it will come back within an hour or when i take the battery out but it still has been doing that consistently over the past 3 days. I have tried a soft reset as well as rebooting it to its factory settings. Anyone else have any ideas?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: gray screen

what about a os upgrade?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

One way to determine if it's software or hardware is to download and install on your PC, one of the screenshot capable scripts that are available. I mainly use the one is JL_Cmder. Then when it happens, connect to the PC and use the JL_Cmder to capture what the BB thinks it's displaying. If you see a blank screen, It's probably software, if is shows what's supposed to be displayed, it's probably hardware.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jared1120 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks i just took a screenshot and it showed a picture of what was on the screen do i have any idea what type of hardware problem it may be?

Akorda no está en línea Stack level 1

Had a gray screen problem with a user here here at my office (8700c). No matter what i did I wasn't able to get rid of it. I finally got fed up with trying to fix it myself so I called AT&T and they sent me a replacement device.