Hey everyone, I recently had a Blackberry 7200. I had Google Talk installed on it, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

vthing98 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Google talk

Hey everyone,
    I recently had a Blackberry 7200. I had Google Talk installed on it, and it worked perfectly. Yesterday, my work replaced my old blackberry with a silver 8700. It says it has version

When I tried to install Google Talk on this device, (I go to www dot blackberry dot com slash googletalk from the cingular browser) I get the following page:

"Microsoft Internet explorer 5.0 or above is required to download thi instant messenger.
    This web page uses ActiveX controls that work only in Microsoft Internet Explorer. To ensure that Google Talk for Blackberry devices is corectly downloaded to your Blackberry, this site is not designed to work with any other Internet browsers."

There is no install button or anything.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Google talk

Use to get JiveTalk (free for 30 days), or to get Google Talk Messenger.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (
    You could try changing the browser emulation from Blackberry to Internet Explorer. We've seen this fix other issues. We've also seen some issues where the BB. Browser setting works best.

chevy no está en línea Stack level 2

i have the curve for at&t if you goto there is a link under messaging that will allow you to download google talk. I use it myself all the time, its by far the best messenger for bb.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me!

You say you were using the Cingular Browser. Try from the regular Blackberry Internet Browser.
    Or you can try Chevy's suggestion of going to and download from there.
    Also you can get it from

Welcome to Pinstack!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional

The link for the mobile blackberry site should also be bookmarked already in the browser as Blackberry HELP!