Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

i just got my 8703e from sprint and i am having the same problem with ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ptpstjoes no está en línea Stack level 1

Gmail sending me copies of send mail

Advertisement

i just got my 8703e from sprint and i am having the same problem with gmail emailing me a copy of my sent email. i went to the filters section at my www.sprint.blackberry.com account but dont know how to set it up so that i dont recieve copys/receipts i guess you could call them of sent emails.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Gmail sending me copies of send mail

To set up a Gmail filter so that you stop recieving your own emails, go to the filter section, and in the box that says : TO: put your own email address. This will stop you from getting your sent messages back to yourself.

Jade

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Hi ptpstjoes,

I had to "edit" my post b/c Jade does such a good job and beat me to the nano-second post But i still want to say that is a very common things we all have had and Jadedberry gave the perfect fix for the issue.

Welcome to Pinstacks also by the way.

edited

enjoy Gmail. I love it.

the filter section in gmail or at the www.sprint.blackberry.net site?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

sprint site.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you çan use the filter section on sprint.blackberry.net

putting my email in the filter box 'TO:' will stop be from gettin any emails that anyone sent right? i put my email in the filter box 'FROM:' to not receive messages from my email account, which is where they were comming from as receipts/copies.

leacha1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello everyone-I am actually with T-mobile and have the same issue. Everytime I send an email from the blackberry immediately get an SMS/Email alert that I have a new message when in fact it is simply the email I just sent from the pearl (8100).

The previous threaders say to put the filter in the TO field but I would think that it would have to be emails FROM myself that I am trying to block not emails TO my email address? The TO field would block every incoming message addressed to my email correct? Assuming this is right, then the filter folder would have to be set up on Gmail's filters, Yahoo's filters and any other email system as blocking any incoming emails FROM your own email on that respective site.

Is this correct or did I just confuse everyone further lol?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by leacha1
    Hello everyone-I am actually with T-mobile and have the same issue. Everytime I send an email from the blackberry immediately get an SMS/Email alert that I have a new message when in fact it is simply the email I just sent from the pearl (8100).

The previous threaders say to put the filter in the TO field but I would think that it would have to be emails FROM myself that I am trying to block not emails TO my email address? The TO field would block every incoming message addressed to my email correct? Assuming this is right, then the filter folder would have to be set up on Gmail's filters, Yahoo's filters and any other email system as blocking any incoming emails FROM your own email on that respective site.

Is this correct or did I just confuse everyone further lol?
    Leacha1, the filter has to be set up as follows: You will have to log in to your BIS account and create a filter for Sent From: Your gMail address and set "Forward to BB" to No, then save and you should be all set.

Understand everything except the "log into BIS account". Not be a total blond or anything but what is that? I assume you mean log into something on my bb?

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

no BIS is a website where you set up your personal emails that you want pushed to your BB, who is your carrier?
    Michael

T-mobile. I already set up the email addresses through the BB Pearl 8100 when I got it a few days ago. I didn't have to log on to any sites, just the set up email address functions in the browser. I added gmail and yahoo but primarly use gmail. I know how to set up a filter on the Gmail act from the gmail site on a regular computer but not from my handheld. I thought there would be a option on the phone to not send the sent ones to my inbox on gmail-which turns around and shoots them right back to me as a new email message.

PIN/ID
    just ask

okay look at this thread, this is how I set mine up so I do not get the sent messages

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/214244-post13.html
    Michael

Thanks so much!

PIN/ID
    just ask

my pleasure glad to help..
    Michael

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast