Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have Gmail set to "enable POP" to my blackberry account, and everything works wonderfully. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jhatzis99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA6BE4

Gmail

Advertisement

I have Gmail set to "enable POP" to my blackberry account, and everything works wonderfully. My question is, I don't need access to my gmail via blackberry when I am at a pc. Can I just disable POP? I was reading the help section on the cingular blackberry web page, and to stop forwarding and pop it says to delete the gmail account. But I will want my gmail messages when I am not near a pc. I don't want to have to re-create the gmail account all over again.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Gmail

I don't think any mobile email service is that flexable yet

faaltoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B3E82

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I am just curious why do you want something like that. I am going crazy to find a solution so that all my mail clients are always in sync. I want emails sent from gmail (when I access it from web) to show up in the sent mail in my blackberry. Is this possible? Right now I POP my gmail.

jhatzis99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA6BE4

Just so I can get gmail while I am away from access to my computer. What I have done is just disable pop on gmail, and then when I am ready to have gmail sent to the bb again, I re-enable pop access and then from the bb side I login to BB mail and re-activate the gmail account. It seems to work.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    You can just leave pop enabled, the messages that are forwarded to your BB will still be in your gmail account. I use 3 gmail accounts, a yahoo account and a corporate account on my BB, I check mail on the go, and at home.

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2

there should be no problem with gmail fowarding your sent mail. when ever i send mail from my home computer or work a copy is sent to my bb also

faaltoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B3E82

Quote Originally Posted by Debias
    there should be no problem with gmail fowarding your sent mail. when ever i send mail from my home computer or work a copy is sent to my bb also
    Does it show up in your sent items on the BB? If yes, then maybe I am missing something.

yup when ever i send a message from my gmail account on my lap top or pc i get a copy to my bb.

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Do we need to have tha additional icon for gmail on our home screen? seems strange to me that it would not just inetgrate directly into my main message folder, but when I associated the account, it added the new icon.

Hmm... I don't have an additional icon on my home screen. It just comes into my message screen along with my other email and SMS's etc.... Are we talking about a seperate gmail application?

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

There is no way that i know of right now to just "toggle" recieve/dont recieve mail only way i know of that happening is if you are using redirector. which I would not suggest because not only can you not view attachments but it cost more. or if you are on a bes or get a bes hosting company.. again lots of extra money. one thing you could do if you would like is set up a filter to prevent all sent items from your gmail account from getting forwarded to your device to help hold down traffic. that is my only dislike about gmail. as far as an extra icon goes. you should not have any extra icons unless you are on T-Mobile. we are now on the BIE version 2.2 which gives you the option of having a seperate email box icon for each configured email account instead of one message box

dpagan21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D6DB1F

once u check it from the pc it wont go to your balckberry but if u really want to diable pop u can without deleting gmail from the blackberry set up and when u leave you rpc just enable pop again

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Well if you are using Outlook on your PC one trick you can do is have your Gmail set up on it and then go into >tools>email accounts>Gmail account>change, properties, or edit (deoending on what version of outlook you have)>more options, more settings(again depending on what outlook you have)>click the advanced tab and then at the very bottom you will see Delivery. If you uncheck the option leave a copy of mail on the server, then everytime you are at your pc and have outlook open you will not get gmail on your BB, maybe 1 or 2 will slip threw but thats about it. The only thing is you need to make sure you close outlook when you leave your pc or you wont get any mail on your BB untill you come back to close it,
    Welcome to my World!

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

Is there any way of syncronising read messages on the Bb with gmail, so when i read a message on my Bb it shows as read on the gmail site and vice versa then when sending a message off the bb it to apear in the sent items on gmail. or atleast so that every message forwarded to the bb from gmail is marked as read as soon as its sent on and have the bb always have a cc address of the gmail address.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

Rick Lohre no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CF3C60
    I really guess I need to subscribe to BB service...was holding out the 35 bucks a month additional on my bill, but seeing that GMAIL works on it as a separate program...I gotta do it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast