Yesterday my 8700 freaked out giving me an error that I didn't have a valid ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Generic SIM Card Question

Yesterday my 8700 freaked out giving me an error that I didn't have a valid SIM card installed. After removing & reseating the SIM card, it began functioning again. Has anyone else seen this before? I have had this SIM card for about 3 years. Has anyone needed to have their sim card replaced?
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Generic SIM Card Question

Constantly with Nextel I see this. I now work in a service center and I see this at least once a week. Sometimes the customer is not as fortunate and has to have the sim replaced, sometimes when we pull it then the problem is solved.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Sometimes corrosion will build up on the contacts and cause a failure to correctly read data. Removing and reinstalling it will abraid the corrosion enough to make a good connection again. Also vibration or shock can cause misalignment and reseting it will do correct the problem. And sometimes a SIM just dies. You know that random Gamma Ray from outer space strikes one of the memory locations and the Checksum fails. At that point, time for a new SIM.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3

Perhaps you already know this but it's worth a shot.

Place the SIM card on a table, gold contacts face up.
    Use a PENCIL eraser and rub GENTLY. The contacts will get shiny as you remove the oxidation.

Wipe it clean and re-install.

I don't think they were ever meant to be taken in and out but I always do to move from one phone to another.

bicycledr4376 no está en línea Stack level 1

ive tried all but cleaning contacts inside phone, also tried buying new sim and still have problem with "no service" every couple days on my 8800