Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, I found a 8700v in a parking lot which was missing the battery, battery ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

et
    et no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Found 8700v

Advertisement

Hello, I found a 8700v in a parking lot which was missing the battery, battery cover and sim card. I have taken the unit to several careers in my area, as well as called them to see if they could help me find the owner. The local careers just told me no they couldn't help me and to "just use the unit!" I have also tried several attempts to email Vod. With no luck. I have even gone so far as to go into one of the stores and actually take the battery out of a demo to see if there was anything on the unit, and unfortunately there was no address book, no owners info, no messages saved, nothing! So if you have lost your 8700 just contact me with the IMEI #. However if I can not find the owner can I use the unit here in Texas?
    Last edited by et; 09-11-2006 at 10:03 AM. Reason: not enough information

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Found 8700v

Et,
    Dont mean to be rude, but you found it, as in someone lost it? If thats the case, I would contact RIM, and/or Vodaphone I'm assuming, and get it returned to the proper owner. I know if I lost mine, I'd be frantic! Plus there is a possibility that it's on a BES, and has been "killed"
    Just my $.02, but I'd make sure you return it. Might even get a reward!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

et, Welcome to PinStack.

I agree with Todd, the best thing to do would be to expend a little effort to find the original owner.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello et, welcome to pinstack. The only way for you to find out who owned the BB before you would be if there is information in it to tell you who it belonged to. When you call a cellular carrier they are forbidden to give out information to you, unless you can verify the account. One way would be if you bring it to a local store and the reps can look up the account that way, they have more access than you would. Odds are you are not going to travel out of the US to a Vodaphone retail store.

kutdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

careers or carriers???

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Et, welcome to the Stacks and it's good to see honest people going above and beyond to try to get someone's baby (err, I mean BB) back to them. Good luck!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If nothing is on it, RIM should still be able to track it via the PIN # of the device. It sounds like you've done some due dilligence thus far, and I don't want you to think I'm "calling you out" for wanting to use it yourself. I for one appreciate what you've attempted thus far, as I stated in my earlier post, I'd be freaked if it were mine! Lol. I'd still try to contact RIM to see what their thoughts are.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:

If you call RIM, Nextel, Vodaphone, Cingular, etc... Would you want them to give out your name if someone provided your pin or imei? I sure as heck wouldnt. That information is not public, and if given out by anyone who uses their position to do so can be fired!

Situation:

cp6169: Hello RIM, I found a BB, here is the PIN. May I have the name, address and social of the person who owns this?

RIM Employee: Let me ask my manager....

RIM Manager: NO!

See my point? Nobody is allowed to give you information if you cant verify the account.

ET, what service do you use? Can you even use the 8700v on your carrier? YOu can send the BB to RIM and they can pursue the matter, otherwise "finders keepers".

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

i would call rim and have then make a note on that pin # and imi # that if anyone iquires about it maybe they can contact you by e-mail
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

PIN/ID
    3056468b

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Rim wouldn't need to give you the info. All they would have to do is look it up via pin # and then contact the original owner. If you "the finder" gave your info to RIM, they may be able to arrange a meeting between the 2 partys.

Just an idea.

This what I'd do if I were you et.

I would call rim with the imei and pin numbers. I would give them my contact information and ask them to pass that on to the original owner.

Now if RIM shoots you down, I'd say you have done all you can to find the owner.

And its good to know that there are people out there who do care enough to try all you have. Hats off to you et!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Folks...this is where stuffbak.com comes in handy!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Good point Uh8me. I had forgot all about them.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I say mail it to me and I can take proper care of this for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast