I have been using the 8700C for several months. I have two email accounts on ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

cronkster54 no está en línea Stack level 1

Forwarding email from Lotus Notes

Advertisement

I have been using the 8700C for several months. I have two email accounts on the device. One email account is my personal email from my ISP. The other account is my work email that I receive by creating an agent in my company lotus notes to forward all email to mycingular.net so it shows up on my blackberry. This has been working fine for the past several months and when I receive the emails from work lotus notes, in the body of the message I would find all the header information like who sent it and what the email recepients. That was until a few days ago. Now when I get email from work, the header information is not listed in the message body so I can't see who sent it and who (besides me) received it.

The ONLY difference I see right now between my two accounts is this...
    When I go to delete an email from my personal email account on the device, it asks me "Do you want to delete the message on mailbox, mailbox and handheld, or cancel". When I go to delete a message from my work email on the device, it used to give me the same options, however now it asks me "Delete item? Delete or Cancel". So it is definitely treating these as two different types of messages. The only reason I mention this is it may help someone solve my problem. I need to get my work email the way it was before so I can see the header information from the email address.

I hope I explained this.....would appreciate any insight.

Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Forwarding email from Lotus Notes

Log into your webclient account and see if you can add your work email to go to your phone like your personal email does. Meaning, instead of creating a "rule" (Im an outlook guy you can try to set up the email if you have the pop or imap settings.

If you are forwarding email to your BB I dont see how there could be a "mailbox and handheld" option, that is only for email set up in your webclient account. (if Im wrong sorry, I dont have any forwarded emails).

If setting up your email account online works you can delete the "rule" as you would no longer need a forward.

I hope this helps, let us know...

cronkster54 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Forwarding email from Lotus Notes

Thanks for the reply.....actually in my webclient I have two email accounts set up. One is for the email account from my ISP and the other is for the "mycingular.net" account where I have my work email forwarded to. I cannot add my work email address there because my company does not support enterprise mail for blackberry....this is why I have to do the forwarding routine.

This thing is really weird.....I will keep hacking away at it. Thanks