Bluetooth Connectivity fixed getting a 'good' policy.bin file using a 'friendly' BES I have been ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tecbloke no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Fix my bluetooth problems with a desktop update of policy.bin file?

Advertisement

Bluetooth Connectivity fixed getting a 'good' policy.bin file using a 'friendly' BES
    I have been reading the threads about Bluetooth desktop sync functionality being available on on some 8700 handsets and not on others. The problem was that in settings/bluetooth/options you can only see headset and handsfree and not Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass. The solution suggests that you find a friendly BES to hook to and get the new policy.bin file, and from that would give you the other bluetooth options Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass.

see here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ctivity-2.html

Removing old BES IT policy by a desktop install of a 'good' policy.bin file
    I also read about installing the 'good' policy.bin file from another website (forget which one) that would allow poeple who had bought BES activated Blackberrys, from say eBay, to install a new policy.bin file to allow full control of their BBs again.

see here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._i_remove.html

How about fixing Bluetooth connectivity problem with a desktop download of a 'good' policy.bin file?
    What I haven't found is someone suggesting a fix to the bluetooth connectivity problem above by the installation an appropriate policy.bin file that adds the bluetooth via a desktop installation.

Can anyone publish a really nice policy.bin file for us BIS users that opens up everything (keyboard injection, wireless bypass, desktop connectivity, winning lottery numbers etc.)?

It seems like a simple solution to what seems to be a problem for lots of us.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Bloke
    Last edited by tecbloke; 06-11-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Better text and title - you could actually understand the problem now :)

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Fix my bluetooth problems with a desktop update of policy.bin file?

some useful links. Giving this one a bump. Once a solution is found Mods will move to the BB solutions forum

dtack no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth Policy.bin fix

Does anyone have a policy.bin that will work on an 8700 that has the bluetooth options set to default? The standard file out there is for the 7000 series and will not change previously set options such as wireless bypass and desktop connectivity.

Thanks

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Does anyone know how I can create my own policy to replace the current one my BB isn't supposed to even have?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!