Hi, I have a 8700f Blackberry which is on our company BES server. My inbox ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

johnfuller no está en línea Stack level 1

filing messages to inbox subfolders - messages still showing on blackberry

Advertisement

Hi,

I have a 8700f Blackberry which is on our company BES server. My inbox in outlook has several subfolders which I file my messages into. When I move a message from my inbox mail folder to one of my subfolders, the blackberry just changes the message icon but does not delete the message from view. Does anyone know a way of making the messages dissappear from my blackberry when they are filed in outlook. The device is currently set to wirelessly sync. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

John

P.S. If anything is not clear in my description of the problem then please ask me to clarify further.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: filing messages to inbox subfolders - messages still showing on blackberry

set message options to hide filed messages on the BB

Great! Where will I find that option?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Messages; options; general options; Hide Filed Messages

Great. Thanks a lot!

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Thumbs down Re: filing messages to inbox subfolders - messages still showing on blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by cwakulik
    Messages; options; general options; Hide Filed Messages
    Sorry to say I have this already set on my BB and still have to perform a manual delete on the BB of all emails filed into sub folders on the PC Outlook :-(

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Filed messages will show up as filed. If you want them removed from the BB you have to delete them (and make sure the you're not set up to delete mail on both the BB and the server).

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Hmm, if I file messages they are gone from my inbox view. Have you tried pushing a reconcile, reconcile now and see if they move? The moving on the BB won't be instand if you wait for the reconcile to occur, 8 to 10 minutes.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    Hmm, if I file messages they are gone from my inbox view. Have you tried pushing a reconcile, reconcile now and see if they move? The moving on the BB won't be instand if you wait for the reconcile to occur, 8 to 10 minutes.

Yes I have tried this (and waited) but still no joy.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You may have to ask your BES admin to go into your account and tell it to sync individual folders instead of just top level inbox. Mine is set that way, but not for other users, I don't think they have this issue though.

Ok the filing hide feature works fine but now when I file a message item from outlook it syncs the change on the blackberry but when I file a message item from the blackberry it doesn't sync the change on outlook. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

gromister no está en línea Stack level 1

The issue is that the sync'ing of additional folders only works if you have room for all of the other folders on your b'berry. Since our IT department has blessed us w/ tiny e-mail storage, most of the messages that I receive in Outlook need to be moved that day which leaves me w/ hundreds of "unread" e-mails on my phone.