Query: My just out of the box 8700c has very loud feedback when using device ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

asweeney no está en línea Stack level 1

Feedback "Squeal" when using voice communications?

Advertisement

Query: My just out of the box 8700c has very loud feedback when using device as a handheld cellular telephone. Adjusting volume does not resolve problem.

The distance from my face/cheek effects the problem. Moving mouthpiece away from face minimizes or eliminates problem but, phone must be held at an extreme and uncomfortable angle.

Cingular Technical Assistance via phone had no idea how to resolve this and told me to box up the brand new unit and ship it back for replacement. Cingular has been 100% supportive and did all they could.

Is anybody aware of this problem and any quick fix?

Thanks,

Asweeney

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Feedback "Squeal" when using voice communications?

A bluetooth headset?

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

My 7230 gets a loud buzzing noise when it's transfering information during a phone call. When I look at the screen during the noise i can see the transfer arrows going back and forth like crazy.

I don't know if that may be the same problem, but I've never heard of a squeel specific to the 8700.

asweeney no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello- Well, I received my replacement 8700c from Cingular in good time. Although the replacement unit did not eliminate the "squeal" problem, it is livable with this new device. It appears that the position on my face during a call is the key factor. I lowered the handset about 3/4 inch and the squeal is gone; with the other device this did not happen.

Just in case you are wondering, "NO," I do not have a steel plate in my skull!

I also found this same problem posted on another BB specific BBS. Watch this for a trend. Yes dasupaman23, I think there may be a Bluetooth headset in my future!

Art