Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've seen some threads about a stack member who was able to put the fave5 ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

fave5 on 8700 for 4.2OS?

Advertisement

I've seen some threads about a stack member who was able to put the fave5 software on 8700. I was wondering if this is a close guarded secret or if someone would be kind enough to share how? also, will it work on the new 4.2 OS?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: fave5 on 8700 for 4.2OS?

I think Stack Pro N8dbb posted a howto or more info about 6 months ago. Not sure if this will work on the 4.2 OS.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Yes you can. Just download the 8800 OS from T-mobile. Directions:

Start by installing all the software package for the 8800 (I assume you already installed 4.2 for 8700, if not install that 1st)
    Now, go into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and open the 8800 folder, then the Java folder in that.
    Look for two files - "net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod" and "net_rim_tmo_five.cod"
    Copy those two files into the same folder under the 8700 directory.
    Next, use wordpad or notepad to open the BlackBerry.alx file under the 8700 directory. You want to add the above two filenames somewhere so that they load. Try with the Zen theme. See below.

<fileset Theme="Normal" Colour="True" series="8700" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_theme_bbdimension_zen_320x240_w.cod
    net_rim_bb_media_320x240.cod
    net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod
    net_rim_tmo_five.cod
    </files>

Also make sure to change your plan to a myfaves before this and make sure the account is provisioned for it. The best way is to just change your BB to a myfave capable one on my-tmobile.com. Hopefully this will help. I learned this while trying to install the Tmo Zen theme on my 8700. The tmo zen will load but you cannot activate it.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

I am trying to do this, and the only part that throws me is changing to myfaves online... no myfaves plans are listed as available for my account through mytmobile.com. If I install the myfaves program, will the website options change, realizing that my device is now capable?

Thanks.

Change your phone to a BB 8800. Then you should see an option for a myfave plan. They will only show up if you are using a myfave phone (or if they think you are )

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    Yes you can. Just download the 8800 OS from T-mobile. Directions:

Start by installing all the software package for the 8800 (I assume you already installed 4.2 for 8700, if not install that 1st)
    Now, go into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and open the 8800 folder, then the Java folder in that.
    Look for two files - "net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod" and "net_rim_tmo_five.cod"
    Copy those two files into the same folder under the 8700 directory.
    Next, use wordpad or notepad to open the BlackBerry.alx file under the 8700 directory. You want to add the above two filenames somewhere so that they load. Try with the Zen theme. See below.

<fileset Theme="Normal" Colour="True" series="8700" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_theme_bbdimension_zen_320x240_w.cod
    net_rim_bb_media_320x240.cod
    net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod
    net_rim_tmo_five.cod
    </files>

Also make sure to change your plan to a myfaves before this and make sure the account is provisioned for it. The best way is to just change your BB to a myfave capable one on my-tmobile.com. Hopefully this will help. I learned this while trying to install the Tmo Zen theme on my 8700. The tmo zen will load but you cannot activate it.
    my hats off to you, thx! *press*

temporalreality no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e170bf

Works!
    Just did it on my device with 4.2 att software
    Only thing is you are not able to update the order, ringtone or the picture for the contact.

*Update* I stand Corrected I was trying somethings and found that if you save a picture into your MyFaves Icon folder on the device it will allow you to set the Icon there.
    Still working on the ringtones though haven't found away to set the ringtones on the Icons yet
    Last edited by temporalreality; 06-21-2007 at 04:55 PM.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

It won't work anyway. DM keeps erroring out and won't even start up now.

I don't know how to load those files.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1
    It won't work anyway. DM keeps erroring out and won't even start up now.

I don't know how to load those files.
    Which files? In your profile it shows you have a Pearl. You should already have the myfaves app no? Just add the service and it should work.

TheAtwookie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23feac94

I think what he's looking to do is just to use the MyFavs program. He (I'm in the same boat) doesn't have (or really want) the Myfavs service, but wants to use the program just to have easy access to 5 people with a flashy interface.

Has anybody done this before?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by TheAtwookie
    I think what he's looking to do is just to use the MyFavs program. He (I'm in the same boat) doesn't have (or really want) the Myfavs service, but wants to use the program just to have easy access to 5 people with a flashy interface.

Has anybody done this before?
    No....Can't be done...

Once the MyFaves services are added to your TMOBILE account, the icon then comes out of hiding and becomes active.

As soon as you remove the myfaves plan from your account, the icon goes back into hiding until/unless activated again.

~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The myfaves application is provisioned and sent to your phone from T-mobiles end. It is only activated when you have a myfaves plan. So far there is no work around for this.

tivoselecta no está en línea Stack level 1

This is the same thing I'm trying to do... I don't want the myFaves service, I don't want to call people for free, but I would like the flashy interface... I can get the modules loaded up to the phone and all, but I can't find a way to execute the file... Does anyone know what TMO does to "provision" the service? This has to be hackable... it's just a java file after all...?

jeremyjojo no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been try to do this forever am I doing something wrong? I downloaded 4.2 germany onto my phone then I did the trick with the 8800 copy the file in java to the java folder in the 8700 and I have the my faves plan nothing happens????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast