I have had my 8703 for 1 day and I'm already frustrated with sending text ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

stuvic no está en línea Stack level 1

Faster SMS Messaging

Advertisement

I have had my 8703 for 1 day and I'm already frustrated with sending text messages. It seems so complicated, click on msgs, then the msg you want then click open then click reply.

Is there anyway to put an SMS msg icon right on the main screen where I can immediately just type a note and hit send. It just seems way too complicated this way.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Faster SMS Messaging

There is no faster way to reply to a message (which it seems is what you are doing) but on my 8700 to send a message I just click on the message folder, scroll up to the top of the message list with the date highlighted and hit enter to start an email or click on it to scroll to sms.

Zo

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Unfortunately you need to select message to view it, but to reply all you have to do is highlight the message you want to reply and hit "R"

Hope that helps

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

May be trying using the Zen or the Vodafone theme. It puts a whole different folder for sms on your screen so it is easily accessible

& as flash24 suggested highlight the message you want to reply to & press "R" & bam you will be replying in no time.

Good luck

cool -- thank you guys so much -- is there a way to compose one quickly out of contacts????

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by stuvic
    cool -- thank you guys so much -- is there a way to compose one quickly out of contacts????
    Just click on the contact to send it to and select Compose SMS. That's the method I normally use.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

These guys have covered it. I would also suggest using the Zen theme as it gives you a seperate SMS folder.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I have had my 8703 for 1 day and I'm already frustrated with sending text messages. It seems so complicated, click on msgs, then the msg you want then click open then click reply.
    Everything on the BB is a lot easier if you learn to use the shortcuts instead of completely relying on the wheel. I don't have a link to a resource with all the shortcuts handy but I'll post it here if I run across it.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~at one point there was an icon on one of my previous devices had a sms icon

what does via bb wap.pinstack.com mean?

i'm sorry to be clueless, but is that a web address that will help me make some changes?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

what does via bb wap.pinstack.com mean?

i'm sorry to be clueless, but is that a web address that will help me make some changes?
    that just means the person posted that comment/reply from this forums WAP site... they are on their BlackBerry not the computer at the moment
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

this web site will get you off to a good start...esp. when it comes to the short cuts, which will save you major time and wear on your trackwheel. We all know how many spins the poor thing makes in a single day....ok i guess i can post the url.. but go to discoverblackberry.com and the to the tips and tricks area. chose the 8703...works great..

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it's been said already. Use the vodafone theme (I use it, and it rocks!) Sms partial show up if really long on the home screen. You can hit the sms from there then hit 'r' to reply. Or if you're in messages, and receive a sms; hit alt s then r on the sms and boom! Your replying to the sms just sent. I don't find the procedure long at all.

Hope that helps