Does anyone know of an extended battery available for the 8703e yet? Thanks... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3

Extended batter for 8703e

Advertisement

Does anyone know of an extended battery available for the 8703e yet?

Thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Extended batter for 8703e

Z06_Pilot no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B34C42

just got my extended battery and new back cover in today's mail. Like others have said, the extended battery time is just a bonus for me. I really like the better feel of the 8703 with the slightly "fatter" back end. Fits in the palm nicely

ooopsss.....did I just say "palm" out loud?

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3

Really so you like the way it feels with the new battery? Do we need to get a new holster when getting the extended and larger battery?

Thanks

Z06_Pilot no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B34C42

Hi,

no actually you don't! the original snap holster works perfectly with the extended battery/new cover. They designed the battery cover so that it does not make contact with any of the mouldings on the holster that hold the BB in place, so you don't even notice it.

Now, me, I am really nervous about the OEM holster, so i ordered the Seidio felt lined holster when I ordered my extended battery package, which has a hook that covers the top of the BB when holstered. I used this type of holster for years with my Treo, and it gives me peace of mind. The OEM unit is probably fine, I'm just very paranoid!

the BB still goes in and out with one hand, there's just an extra measure of security for holding it in place.

ajamudc no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Z06, it's funny that you should say that you feel the Seidio holster for the Treo felt more secure than the BB holster. I just got the 8703 and I felt just the opposite about the BB holster. I've had my old Treo fall out of the Seidio holster before. With the BB holster, it doesn't seem possible with the way the BB sits in the bottom of the holster.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I have the SEIDO extended battery and I love it.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

w8rz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B06BDB

Also have the seidio extended life battery & love it! In my opinion, it is THE BEST after market item you can go with & surprise, surprise, it will be easier to take out of the standard (stock) holster! Get one. You just can't go wrong!

From the South end of Lake Erie.

rgarde no está en línea Stack level 2

I was also looking for an extended battery for my 8703e. Looks like the seido has great reviews. I feel confident now in ordering one.

Cpluse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D40CB0

How much extended battery life do you get. I starting to see that a full charge will only give be about 7 hrs. Even if Im not useing it 5 hr a day. But i have Jive Talk, and Emails comming thru. So i check everytime i see the red light blinking. I wanted to get a BlackBerry 1000mAh Battery but i would still have to charge it wait until it dont to do it. Is there any other way to charge a extra batt while useing the charge one.