Hey everyone: well here is my story: - yesterday i started getting a java error ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bimmian no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 6 hours with the 8700 and screwed it up already

Advertisement

Hey everyone:
    well here is my story:

- yesterday i started getting a java error at bootup, and no browser icons were showing.
    - after reading through and trying some reboots, etc. i decided to wipe the data.
    - data was wiping and got hourglass for more than an hour.
    - rebooted
    - machine flashes rapid red led and give hourglass forever.
    - followed instructions to a tee for reloading the OS using the application loader
    - during OS restore it seemed to erase the device ok and reload new software, however, after the delay when it tries to reconnect to device,it times out with an "unable to reconnect to the device using a multi-stage load operation" (tried this 4 times now same result)
    - so i downloaded the java sdk and tried to run javaloader, but got an error too!!!!

C:\>javaloader -usb wipe
    RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
    Copyright 2001-2005 Research In Motion Limited
    Connecting to device...Error: unable to open port

can anyone be of assistance here please!
    Thanks in advance

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Errors, errors-Everywhere Errors!

FYI, the thread that he is referring to is Pentace's how to reload an OS.

Let me ask this:

A: Device type
    B: OS you are installing
    C: Are you starting the device connected to the computer without the battery in it? And if so, are you putting the battery in after a few minutes before it tried to reconnect to the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    FYI, the thread that he is referring to is Pentace's how to reload an OS.

Let me ask this:

A: Device type
    B: OS you are installing
    C: Are you starting the device connected to the computer without the battery in it? And if so, are you putting the battery in after a few minutes before it tried to reconnect to the computer?
    Thanks for your reply

A: This is an 8700c (cingular) unlocked, running on the rogers network
    B: Downloaded 8700E_PBr4.1.0_rel175_PL2.0.0.90_A4.1.0.194_Cingul ar.exe from rim.
    C: yes, no battery in it. I am not putting the battery back in at any point. Can you please elaborate on that?

Instructions i am following are in post # 12976

The error occurs between steps 11 and 12.

Waiting for device initialization ..... (2nd step of 4 step reload process)

reconnecting to JVM shows below with progress bar slowly creeping to the end then it times out and gives the above specified error.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well I was having the same problem...After you intially get the device connected to the PC without the battery in it, when it starts to wipe the device, go ahead and put the battery back in.

Whenever I was trying to re-establish a connection with the 8700 without the battery in, I kept getting the same thing stating that it could not initialize the device...My guess is that the USB doesn't kick enough power to the device to get it to reboot.

Actually, while being impatient for your reply, i started the procedure from scratch without taking out the battery at all, and it worked!

I dont know if erasing the data with the battery out in the first place was necessary.

Strange thing though is that it took 2 reloads before i could get an OS.

First time it reloaded and completed! but i had error 502 on the screen (black and white with an icon with a line through it)

reloaded again. got error 534 (or 537 i think), reloaded again. Success!

thanks for your help, i hope this documents the problem enough for the next person!

Just an update on my situation as of a couple days later.

I finally got everything up and running as mentioned. Everything reinstalled great.

Worked terrifficly for a couple days, then.....

The java error is back, web browser icons are gone again!!! Coincidentally, at the same time, i noticed that google messenger, yahoo messenger and an updated HELP program were installed. So i think it is my service provider ROGERS pushing software down to me that is breaking it.

So i called them, i had to go into my service books and delete these entries from the service books, there were 5 in all, google, bb help, yahoo, and two items that were called click5 something. One was a browser plugin so i bet that was the culprit.

I dont know if it matters that i am using the 8700c on the rogers network, this is the first time they say they have heard of this problem. They say that if i do another "register now" that i will have to delete these service book entries again.

I hope this can be helpful for someone in the future.

jostodafullest no está en línea Stack level 1

I get this same message for my pearl, can anyone help me plz?

C:\>javaloader -usb wipe
    RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
    Copyright 2001-2005 Research In Motion Limited
    Connecting to device...Error: unable to open port