I picked up one of the Energizer "energi-to-go" recharger packs with the mini USB plug ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

randomthinks no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question Energizer energi-to-go and 8703/Sprint?

Advertisement

I picked up one of the Energizer "energi-to-go" recharger packs with the mini USB plug to charge my 8703 (Sprint) in a pinch. The package clearly said that it works with BlackBerry handhelds.

I ran a test run this morning for an hour on my way to work and it did not seem like it charged at all. The light on the charger pack went on, but I got no little lightning bolt indicating charge on the BB.

I turned off my BB after checking the charge % (60) and when I turned it on an hour later, I got the same % charge.

Has anybody else tried this little charger?

Thanks,

K

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Energizer energi-to-go and 8703/Sprint?

Sounds like not enough power from the charger. It is was to much you would get a power surge warning on BB screen and a auto shut off. I've never tested this charger. Becareful... If it's not working it may be best to return.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I ordered a couple of those, but wont receive them for a week or two. I tried one before at a meeting and it seemed to work fine.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I haven't used one of these devices. I have purchased a dispoable Cellboost:

Haven't had to use it yet, but I keep it in my truck just in case. I've been looking at the Eneergizer one's though and it should work with no problem, provided that the device just isn't damaged or corrupted in any way.

randomthinks no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I can imagine an "undercharge" voltage as well, so as not to see any charging indicator on my BB.

I checked through the "search" function for other mentions and found this link: 7100i... that mentions a BB user that has luck with it.

Hmmm... not sure what to do at this point. I think my packaging material is pitched, but I have a receipt. It may have to go back....

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i got one and it will not charger my 7250, but it does charger my 7520. If I plug it into the 7520 or a razr and it starts the flashing thing it does that says it's charging, and then unplug it and plug it into my 7250 the lighning bolt comes on and it will charge my 7250. Don't know why but it's like something doesn't kick the charger on in the battery pack. Hope that made since to somebody

bbtoys no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mine continues to work reliably with the 7100i, but a quick test on a sprint/nextel hybrid with mini-usb brought no joy. No flashing led on the unit and no lightning bolt. My guess is the differing voltage requirements of the phones is critical and some devices are more fussy than others.