Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey All..... so here is a question for the geniuses of pinstack, how do i ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

emails, SMS, phone log ? confusion.

Advertisement

Hey All.....

so here is a question for the geniuses of pinstack,

how do i get my emails to show up separately from my missed and dialed calls and sms?

or is that even possible?

i am aware of the feature in the phone option menu for logging calls, missed calls and not logging at all, but i want to be able to keep my Emails separate from my phone log and sms and sill be able to see the missed calls and sms.

Thank you kindly,

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: emails, SMS, phone log ? confusion.

go to your call log. click the wheel to bring up options. go to call logging and set it to none. is that what your talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85
    go to your call log. click the wheel to bring up options. go to call logging and set it to none. is that what your talking about?
    sort of.... i wanted to be able to do is to view my Call log in a separate window or place or what ever you will call it then my emails. i want to be able to just view my emails in one place and call logs in a separate place. and not have them mixed up.... and doing your way makes sense but i want to be able to view both..

Those that make sense at all? lol

PIN/ID

oh you should still be able to see both. do what i said and youll still continue to have both your Message icon and Call Log icon

oh you should still be able to see both. do what i said and youll still continue to have both your Message icon and Call Log icon
    you know what my freind, my terminalogy is not queit correct.... what i meant by Call Log is

when some one calls you, if you have Call Loging enabled for ALL CALLS... the missed calls show up as an entry in my Messages.... my sms shows up in messages as welll and emails show up in messages as well... is there a way to have them show up in a separate icon?

what i am kinda refering to is the BB DIMENSION-Zen theme... where it has SMS showing in a different icon and missed calls and email in a different icon.

can we further divide and have the emails show seperate and missed calls etc seperate?

Thanks

PIN/ID

ahhhhh ok. we werent on the same page here.

the zen does indeed do that....it gives you an 3 separate icons for Messages (email/pin) Call Log (shows all missed/dialed/recieved) and lastly SMS and MMS (all your texts)

am i anywhere close to what your asking?!?!?

ahhhhh ok. we werent on the same page here.

the zen does indeed do that....it gives you an 3 separate icons for Messages (email/pin) Call Log (shows all missed/dialed/recieved) and lastly SMS and MMS (all your texts)

am i anywhere close to what your asking?!?!?
    you are absolutly correct.... lol.. now is there a way to show the Call Log kind of like the messages screen?

for example, if you have the option of Call Logging ENABLED to Log ALL Calls (missed and dialed).. that currently shows up in Messages Section.... where email and pin shows up.... is it possibel to have that show up seperately?

PIN/ID

ok lets start fresh.

do you have the zen theme?

ok lets start fresh.

do you have the zen theme?

LOL.... YES... i do...

PIN/ID

ok lets me type this up on what your going to set it up so you get what you want

PIN/ID

go into you call log. go to options<call logging. set that to none
    now your call will NOT go into your Message older, they will only be in call log.

now you will have 3 seperate icons........all your calls go into your call log only. your emails will go into your message folder only. and all your text will go into your sms and mms folder.

ok that didnt take as long as i thought to type. but from what i can understand what you want, this should be EXACTLY what your looking for, i have mine set the same way....

go into you call log. go to options<call logging. set that to none
    now your call will NOT go into your Message older, they will only be in call log.

now you will have you calls go into your call log only. your emails will go into your message folder only. and all your text will go into your sms and mms folder.

ok that didnt take as long as i thought to type. but from what i can understand what you want, this should be EXACTLY what your looking for, since i have mine set the same way....
    ok... you are correct... i can do that .... but what i DONT want to do is to set my Call Logging to none. i want to be able to have Call Logging enabled but just view the missed called and etc in a different place then Messages... lol

PIN/ID

yes i understand that. your calls will STILL be logged, just not in the message folder. if you look closely when you go in the call logging option, it says ""show these call log types in the message list". set it to none and youll see what i mean

you are right... it does log it.... lol... the only issue with that is i want to know who i called and at what time... the Call log doesnt show me that... it just shows that i called... where as if i have the call logging enabled it shows in messages with time and date... if you know what i mean...

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Glehman, he wants his cake and eat it too... LOL I know what you mean Inc, just somethings aren't possible with certain themes. It can be a royal pain, but you will adapt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast