I have a 8700C from Cingular. I travel a lot and keep a laptop with ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

joshrp01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Email with BB 8700C

Advertisement

I have a 8700C from Cingular. I travel a lot and keep a laptop with me all the time. My email does not sync with my computer when I run the Desktop Manager. Is there a way to pull an email off my BB to my computer to look at the attachments on the computer?

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Email with BB 8700C

Only thing I could suggest is to get something like a gmail account and send from your blackberry to the gmail then open the gmail from your laptop.

I get the same emails on my computer when I have an internet connection. The problem I am having is when I am in the field and do not have internet for my computer. I will receive the email on the BB and I need to be able to look at it on the computer.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

What email program do you run off of your computer???
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

I use MS Outlook 2003. All my PIM information syncs when I hook the BB to the computer but I don't have the ability to sync email.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

As far as I understand, synchronising email is NOT a function of Desktop Manager.

This may sound extreme, but you could get that app which reads the .ipd backup files, then backup your BlackBerry, open the file and pull the attachment out that way.

Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.

If you had a Pearl, you could just save the attachment to the media card, then plug in the USB....if you had a Pearl.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by joshrp01
    I have a 8700C from Cingular. I travel a lot and keep a laptop with me all the time. My email does not sync with my computer when I run the Desktop Manager. Is there a way to pull an email off my BB to my computer to look at the attachments on the computer?
    Yes there is an answer.

I work like you do, traveling and using a laptop as well as my BB 8700c. I also use Outlook 2003. BB Desktop Manager is for Outlook or PIM sync only.

The answer is to get a Yahoo Mail Plus account.

It's a POP account that will interface with Outlook. (this will also work with Gmail, just not as fast and reliable, I've tried both)

When I receive an email it appears in my Yahoo inbox at exactly the same moment it appears in my BB. Now I have it captured.

If I read it on my BB and no response it needed, I can delete it off my BB and the Laptop at the same time, all from the BB. That way once I get to my laptop the mail which I did not need to keep is gone, saving me from having to delete it twice.

If I get an email and read it or respond to it (on my BB) a copy of it is left in my Yahoo inbox. Best of all, is if I read it on my BB, it automatically appears as read on my computer. This way I know when working from my laptop which messages are new and which ones I've already read. I handle over 80 emails per day and this is an easy solution.

Also, when working on my Laptop, everytime Outlook checks for mail, it finds the mail in the Yahoo inbox and moves it into Outlook just like any pop mail would.

So now you have the best of all choices. Easy to manage on either the BB or your laptop and easily accessible. Fully integrated with Outlook you can work as you are accustomed to.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

joshrp01, Welcome to PinStack.

The App Lewis is talking about is ABC Amber Blackberry. For a fully functional version, the one user version costs $19.95, I think. And there is a 30 trial version that limits the number of items exported at one time to 10, but you can repeat exporting. I don't know if the attachments are included in the ipd file though. I need to check it more. The only thing I don't like about the trial version is I can't seem to export PIN messages.

The other Option, since they are still on your server, apparently, would be to use your BB as a modem with your Laptop and download the emails using Outlook.

Hope this Helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles