Anyone know what's "normal" as far as how often and how quickly I should be ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

amonster no está en línea Stack level 1

Email/Verizon/Delivery Time

Advertisement

Anyone know what's "normal" as far as how often and how quickly I should be receiving emails on my 8703e? I've heard that it "pushes" emails at a set time (like every 30 minutes or so). Can that setting be changed so I get email whenever it's sent?

Thanks

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Email/Verizon/Delivery Time

RIM checks your servers approx every 15 minutes.. If it finds mail, it pushes it to your BB and then polls your servers again in about 2 minutes. If it finds mail, that is sent directly to your BB and the 2 minute cycle occurs again. If nothing is found, RIM will wait 15 minutes to startthe process all over again. There is no way to change this as it is how the BB works.

You can get faster delivery by forwarding to other accounts, such as Gmail and Yahoo and then have that forwarded to your BB. Don't know much about it as the 15 minute delay is not an issue for me.

amonster no está en línea Stack level 1

Cool. Thanks. It's nice to know it's as frequent as 15 minutes...

arcadienne no está en línea Stack level 1

I use Verizon on my 8703e, and I have two accounts - of course, the vzw.blackberry.net account, and I have my sbcglobal.net account forwarded to it. I get both of them very quickly - like within 10 seconds of sending it from my corporate (work) email. I guess it really depends on how fast your email server and network are from your originating address.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

If you Foward, you will get them faster as it doesn't wait for RIM to poll your servers.

SOTG Gambino no está en línea Stack level 2

I to use the 8703 from verizon and have an sbc account. I get them within 10-15 seconds at the latest.