Hi All, Just came across this site... Looks like a great resource. This is my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

johnh7578 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Email / SMS / Voicemail - Why can't I tell them apart?

Advertisement

Hi All,

Just came across this site... Looks like a great resource. This is my first post, but I will certainly be back.

I recieve a huge amount of email every day and the fact that I can't tell my different kinds of messages apart (on my 8700G) really drives me nuts. All new messages set the same "new message indicator" in the front screen which is totally useless for me if it includes emails. As a result of this, I keep missing important SMS's as they get buried under the emaisl.

I have seen an 8707 device from Vodaphone that looks like its just using a different theme, but it summarizes the "new" voicemails, missed calls, emails, SMS's and MMS's right on the main page... Any idea if there is something similar available for my 8700G that will enable me to tell them apart?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    John

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Email / SMS / Voicemail - Why can't I tell them apart?

Two words: Zen Theme...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...thanks CP, I was just looking for that link to share with John...

I really need to be quicker at this...

pearlking no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21064EEE

Hello John. There is no way to distinguish the difreence between SMS txt and emails on your home screen. You can do one of two things. You can either leave your message folder open or set a specific ringtone for your SMS msg and a diff one for your emails. By leaving your msg folder open you will be able to tell the difference between a txt and an email when the message is received you can tell by the difference by the way the message envelopes look. The last suggestion I have is to sort your folders in order to quickly acces your SMS msgs. Here is how you do so.
    1. Open your msg box
    2. Click your track wheel.
    3. Scroll down to view folder, click on that option
    4. Scroll down to your SMS in box folder and select that option and select folder. This will sort your SMS msgs for you. Hopefully this helps you out.

johnh7578 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help all.
    CP6169 - Can you confirm for me whether I would need to do the software installation that it describes in the first section of the instructions (Bharti software)? I am running v4.1.0.286 (platform 2.0.0.124) and that install makes me a bit nervous?

Cheers
    John

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

yeah John i feel U personally i use the vadafone today theme is which you are talking about BTW you can jsut install that one or the BB dimmentions today theme but the vadafone is much more what u are looking for just search google for pinstack for vadafone today theme.

Quote Originally Posted by johnh7578
    Hi All,

Just came across this site... Looks like a great resource. This is my first post, but I will certainly be back.

I recieve a huge amount of email every day and the fact that I can't tell my different kinds of messages apart (on my 8700G) really drives me nuts. All new messages set the same "new message indicator" in the front screen which is totally useless for me if it includes emails. As a result of this, I keep missing important SMS's as they get buried under the emaisl.

I have seen an 8707 device from Vodaphone that looks like its just using a different theme, but it summarizes the "new" voicemails, missed calls, emails, SMS's and MMS's right on the main page... Any idea if there is something similar available for my 8700G that will enable me to tell them apart?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    John
    Welcome to my World!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

johnh7578, Welcome to PinStack,

To see just your SMS messages, when in the Messages APP, Type ALT + S.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles