I have an 8700g, and each time I send a new or reply to email, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ElleM69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Email sends copy to me... how do I stop?

Advertisement

I have an 8700g, and each time I send a new or reply to email, it sends a copy to me as well as to recipient. How do I stop this? I tried changed email settings/confirm delivery to no & I thought I had it, but nope!

Thanks!

austinscorpio23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24415FD6

Re: Email sends copy to me... how do I stop?

You using gmail?

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

I have the same problem and.....yes I AM using gmail. don't about original poster though. How do I stop that from happening? It is getting VERRRY annoying . Gmail is my default mail client.
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Ok I haven't tried this but here's a trick that's supposed to work that I found on blackberrycool.com

("You can prevent outgoing emails from being sent back to your handheld by creating a filter on the BlackBerry Internet Service website (bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular). In the “Apply Filter When” field, choose “From field”, and type your gmail address into the “Contains:” field. Note that this will also prevent emails sent from the Gmail website from being sent to your BB." - Brooklyn Bob)

I also saw quite a bit of positive feedback to this trick from other blackberry users stating that it worked. Lemme know how it works out for you as I too am searching for a cure
    Last edited by vortec7; 02-23-2008 at 09:55 PM.

PIN/ID
    ASKME

I think I know exactly what your talking about. I have ATT but I still saw a place to filter email accounts when I was logged in earlier so I will go back and try that. Thank you so much
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    I think I know exactly what your talking about. I have ATT but I still saw a place to filter email accounts when I was logged in earlier so I will go back and try that. Thank you so much

NP..glad to help.
    Let me know how it works out for you

PIN/ID
    ASKME

I just logged in...took like 3 seconds to do, lets see if it makes a difference and saves me a duplicate 15 30 emails or so!

ElleM69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Email sends copy to me... how do I stop?

OK, I couldn't figure out the BB internet thing (kept getting error message) but I did it through T-mobile, set up a filter to block emails from myself. Let's see if that works! Thanks alot for the feedback, it definitely pointed me in the right direction.

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by ElleM69 View Post
    OK, I couldn't figure out the BB internet thing (kept getting error message) but I did it through T-mobile, set up a filter to block emails from myself. Let's see if that works! Thanks alot for the feedback, it definitely pointed me in the right direction.
    LOL Sorry Elle i should have stated that was just for AT&T/Cingular. I have TMO also and you did it the right way.

It's the same exact process. You just go through your own service provider and create the filter and your good to go.