I have an 8700g rom T-Mobile and use BIS to retrieve my comcast email I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jigga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    306033F4

Email Problems

Advertisement

I have an 8700g rom T-Mobile and use BIS to retrieve my comcast email I have noticed that instead of the email being immediately pushed to my device I get it on average of 15 minutes later. I have re-sent the service books numerous times and that does not improve the situation. I have removed the battery and restarted the device but that also does not work. Can someone please tell me if I am doing something wrong or if I am expecting too much.

P.S. - If this was already answered I apologize I just did not find it on my own.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Email Problems

Unfortunately, that is the way BIS is designed. You can't change the amount of time in which BIS pushed email to your Blackberry.

jigga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    306033F4

Thank you MotoUp. What I have been doing is having my email forwarded to my BB addy which gives me the email immediately. But the problem I am having with that is that I want to reply with my Comcast addy so I kept my comcast setup on the BB but I get each message twice. Is there a way to reply with the comcast addy but not receive the incoming messages twice?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Just set the default filter for the Comcast account to nor forward messages to the handheld if you want to keep the forwarding setup.

usethesource no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B70DCA

After reading this post, I got a great idea.

I'm not sure if this will work on Comcast, as I administer my own mail server.

1. I set up an @blackberry.com address.
    2. I set the Reply-To address to my primary mail address(username@example.com)
    3. I set up an auto-forward on my primary mail account back to my @blackberry account. I made sure to enable the option that leaves a local copy of mail on the server.

(I'm still new, so I'm assuming this is how it works. I can easily be corrected)

Because the BIS server pushes email to your BB as soon as it is recieved, instead of checking a mail box on a timer, my mail is forwarded to my primary email and my BB within a minute or two. And to think I've been putting up with a 15 minute hold time! Also, because I've set up my Reply-To address correctly in BIS, the email I send from my BB shows up with my primary email address.