I have 4 email addresses that I monitor on my BB8700. Only 2 of these ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Vigamox no está en línea Stack level 1

Email Notification Question

Advertisement

I have 4 email addresses that I monitor on my BB8700. Only 2 of these email addresses require a notification alert (one of these addresses receives a lot of email that is forwarded from a bulletin board I occasionally monitor... but this is 'low priority mail' that doesn't require my immediate attention). Is there any way of specifying an alert specific to these email boxes while muting any alerts when email is received in the other 2 email addresses?

I understand that you can configure various tones/alerts to emails coming into a specific email address on your BB, but I can't find a way of turning off the alert to an entire mailbox without shutting down alerts to the other email addresses.

I look forward to hearing suggestions on how to configure these email boxes.

Thank you.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Email Notification Question

I don't think you can single out individual acounts and only have alert for certain ones. You would have to turn off the alerts for them all. Great question.
    Andy

so far I haven't been able to find any way of turning off an alert on a specific mailbox. I think alert mode is 'all or none' ie. you either get alerts from all the addresses or not at all.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Only if you're running 4.2 on your BB.

Otherwise you need to use Level 1 notifications. On the accounts that you want alerts for, have the default filters for those accounts forward mail as Level 1. Set a Level 1 Message alert and leave the regular Messages alert muted.

thanks for the last ideas.

I am running Desktop Manager 4.2 and the BB is running 4.1.0.284

Is there a link on this board where I can find how to load the latest operating system onto the my 8700?