My BB shows the icon to say I have new email messages the only problem ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

becsta no está en línea Stack level 2

Email Icon

Advertisement

My BB shows the icon to say I have new email messages the only problem is I dont have any that I havent read. It started off saying there was one. I did a battery pull but it stayed. It now says there are 3. Anyway to get rid of this.

Thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Email Icon

if the battery pull didn't work, make sure it isn't a different message (sms, mms, push weather...maybe a voicemail alert?)

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had this problem on my 7105T's also. If what has been suggested doesn't work, an OS upgrade solved my problem.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Are you sure it's new email? The SMS icon looks like the email icon but the envelope is slanted. The other indicators are clearly different.

joshuaesc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B97E47

I have had this occur when I unexpectedly saved an email that I had not opened. Resulting in a saved, unopened filed email. Drove me crazy not knowing what it was and where it was located.
    “If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you, how will you compete with horses?" (Jeremiah 12:5).

Joshua

The icon is an envelope with a red star in the top left hand corner with a 3 in front of the envelope. I have one saved voicemail message I deleted that but it is still there. I have no unread messages in either my email folder or my SMS/MMS folder and I have no saved emails.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok...i would tend to lean away from this solution, but when this happened to me when i first got my pearl, the ONLY thing that made the alert icon go away was in fact an upgrade in the OS. when was the last time you did this?

Man now I feel like a fool. I went to find my OS version and I saw another icon for messages and in it were 3 pin messages. I have read these and the icon has disappeared maybe the red star indicated the pin messages?? I was only previously checking my email folder and my MMS/SMS folder I didnt realise that other messages wouldnt show up in these.