I'm a new BB user, moving over from a Motorola Q. My work email has ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ThaneNYC no está en línea Stack level 1

Email help

Advertisement

I'm a new BB user, moving over from a Motorola Q. My work email has been setup for me using a MS Exchange server. I added my personal POP email account which works fine except that my personal incoming email addresses get duplicated in the main mailbox with my work emails and also appear in their own "@" mailbox. Is there any way I can get my personal email from appearing in the main mailbox mixed with my work email? Thanks, and yes , so far the 8703e out performs the flakey Q on many levels.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Email help

Well you should have several email folders if you have more than one email account setup. There should be a "Messages" folder, a "work" email folder and a "personal" email folder. I have four folders on my phone. My generic "Messages" folder, work, personal, and my BB email folder.

Each folder separates each email into its respective folder but all of the emails can be read under the "Messages" folder if I choose to do so.

You said your work email is setup through MS Exchange, is there also a BES?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

ThaneNYC no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm pretty sure there is a BES server, but not 100%. This was set up for me so I can't be completely sure, and my support group is in India, (very, very large company - #3 in the world), and I just don't have the energy right now to go down that road.

How do I go about configuring seperate email folders? Thanks.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Have you set up your BIS? If not, go to your carriers website, http://alltel.blackberry.com, http://mycingular.blackberry.com, whatever it might be and create an account, enter your information, setup your email accounts and any filters you want. Then click "Send Service Books". That should create the separate email accounts on your BB.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE