hi folks, i have a strange problem that is now occurring with my 8700c. when ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

zyzgy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2413FE1A

email addresses and contacts not recalled properly

Advertisement

hi folks,
    i have a strange problem that is now occurring with my 8700c. when i try to send an email and start typing in the name of the person in the "to" field (people whose entries exist in my address book), the person's name/email will not come up. this problem exists for only a few letters in the alphabet, including B, D, L and O and also occurs when searching for names in my address book. if i want to choose people's names which start with any of those letters, i'm now forced to scroll to the name before i can take any action.

this problem did not exist prior to yesterday (and i didn't do anything out of the ordinary), but now, despite multiple restarts and such, those letters seem to have disappeared as far as my blackberry is concerned.

has anybody seen anything like this before? any resolution besides the standard wiping and reinstalling the o/s cure-all solution? (i don't want to go down that route)

thanks

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: email addresses and contacts not recalled properly

I see you say you restarted the BB. Did this include a Battery pull? Sometimes that will fix the BB back to new. You might try uninstalling the address book part and reinstalling it, if that is possible. I would think that would be easier than an OS reinstall.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

When you type the letters that don't work in an email or note, do the keys work? I.E. could it be that it's a hardware failure of the Keys and not software related?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Also, the ALT / SHIFT key is not stuck down or anything, is it?