I'm just curious what everyone thinks about egrips versus bodyguardz for the Blackberry 8700c. Please ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

panpan1975 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question egrips or bodyguardz?

Advertisement

I'm just curious what everyone thinks about egrips versus bodyguardz for the Blackberry 8700c. Please reply with your comments or experiences. Thank you in advance.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: egrips or bodyguardz?

I used egrips on my 7100 Series devices and while I had a good experience with the 7100, the ones I ordered for the 7105 never stayed on. I haven't ordered any for the Pearl.

Thank you for the reply and the very comprehensive review of egrips in your past post about this. From what I can tell, it seems like egrips protect as well as give you better grip/prevent sliding of the device while the bodyguards/invisible shield just protects your device from scratches and nicks.

Did you ever have any problems with the egrips peeling off when you put your device into your holster or was the adhesive pretty good on the ones you had on your 7100?

With the 7100T, I had no problems putting the phone into a case or holster with the egrips. I don't know what happened but when I got them for the 7105T, they peeled up while trying to use a case or holster. It got to the point where I took them off.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

I use egrips. Can't say anything aboutthe other product as I have not heard of it or used it. Egrips works for me.

Are you talking about screenguardz, not body guardz? If you are, I used these too and had the same problem as egrips.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Are you talking about screenguardz, not body guardz? If you are, I used these too and had the same problem as egrips.
    Screenguardz are just for the screen portion of the device. Bodyguardz are for everything but the screen but made by the same company, I think.

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request

I've used both, egrips and body guardz. Egrips stay on my 8703 and give me a better hold on the unit. No problems with them peeling off except the one that goes on the top of the unit. The body guardz are nice once you get them into place, but you have to be patient and read the directions carefully or you will get your phone wet. No I didn't get my phone wet, but if you order them and start the process you will see what I mean. Not sure that they are worth the money because of the hassle of getting them onto the phone and the time that it takes to do so. I think that I would look for a skin to put on versus the body guardz, but would get the egrips again. You could also get a case from Seidio, but they fit a little funky and interfere with some of your keys. Hope this helps.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

eGrips are great -- just don't use them with a holster. Even if they stay on at first they'll peel up from the edges of the eGrips bumping against the holster over time. Plus the extra grip can make it difficult to slide in and out of some holsters.

Thank you all for the good advice. I think I will just get egrips and be done with it. Seems to be much simpler than the rocket science of applying the bodyguardz. Thanks.