Hey all, I've been searching high and low for a solution to this, but is ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Fugubear no está en línea Stack level 2

Editing Address Book

Hey all, I've been searching high and low for a solution to this, but is there a way to either sync your address book with your pc or at least edit it on the pc? I have a software that is FREE that lets me do this on my phone and my PDA, but can't find any such thing for free for blackberry. Everyone wants me to pay for it... No offense to those making money, just think that a free option should be availble considering just about every other mobile device on earth has a free solution.

Never Mind... I found my solution...
    Last edited by Fugubear; 08-09-2007 at 09:52 PM.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Editing Address Book

I haven't come across a free PIM for Blackberrys yet. Most everyone has a copy of MS Outlook 2002 or 2003 so that is the standard answer (the target corporate audience tends to already have a licensed copy of MS Office, so this works out favorably). But as RIM and the carriers push more and more into the consumer space, more people are asking for more PIM options (and quite understandably).

There are some reports that Desktop Manager supports Outlook Express (which is free on Windows Platforms). Maybe you could try that if you are on a PC and have Outlook Express.

What's the Firefox/Thunderbird's analogous PIM application? If one exists, it might be nice if RIM supported that.

It would also be equally nice if BIS supported push/reconciliation with the calendar and contacts of the free web email services (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc). I would see something like this as perhaps being ideal for the consumer market.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4