If I leave my BB off during the day when I'm working in Outlook then ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dchurchill no está en línea Stack level 1

E-Mail Wont Reconcile When BB is Off

Advertisement

If I leave my BB off during the day when I'm working in Outlook then turn on my BB my mail is not all reconciled (all the filing I've done in Outlook isn't reflected on the BB). However, once my BB is on reconciliation seems to work fine on either end. Is this normal? I'm sure it was working properly before I just noticed this behavior yesterday. I'm using BES.

TIA.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: E-Mail Wont Reconcile When BB is Off

Dchurchill, are you filing to personal folders? If so, your BB won't recognize those unless you connect via USB and reconcile that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Dchurchill, are you filing to personal folders? If so, your BB won't recognize those unless you connect via USB and reconcile that way.
    No, these are folders under my inbox on my exchange account. Like I said it used to work but I just noticed this new behavior a day or so ago.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Have you tried a battery pull reset lately to see if that would help?

Have you tried a battery pull reset lately to see if that would help?
    Yep, no difference. I'll check w/my BES admin in the morning maybe he's got some ideas.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Have you tried 1) selecting reconcile now from your BB and then Send/Receive from your workstation?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

So you're saying that changes made while off are never reconciled but changed made while on are reconciled? I know that moving into personal folders will cause problems with reconciliation but you say you're not doing this. Also, permanently deleting mail before reconciliation completes can cause problems but that's only relevant to deleted mail.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    So you're saying that changes made while off are never reconciled but changed made while on are reconciled? I know that moving into personal folders will cause problems with reconciliation but you say you're not doing this. Also, permanently deleting mail before reconciliation completes can cause problems but that's only relevant to deleted mail.
    That's correct. Last night I more or less "gave-up" and went on to reconcile them manually. The strange thing was that as I pressed FILE on each message on my handheld it would pre-select the exact folder that I'd already filed it into from Outlook. I left my BB on all night and have been working in Outlook this AM and everything seems to be reconciling fine. One point of clarification I was only moving mail INTO folders under my exchange account but I did move a couple of e-mails FROM my personal inbox INTO an exchange folder. Could that have caused the problem?

Have you tried 1) selecting reconcile now from your BB and then Send/Receive from your workstation?
    Yes, but still the messages filed with the BB off did not reconcile.
    Last edited by dchurchill; 05-02-2007 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged.