Results 1 to 10 of 10

everytime i send an e-mail from my blackberry 8703e (verizon), it automatically sends myself a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

  1. #1
    xcrskim's Avatar
    xcrskim no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    32B6C256
    Posts
    64

    e-mail problem.....

    Advertisement



    everytime i send an e-mail from my blackberry 8703e (verizon), it automatically sends myself a copy of the e-mail i just sent, does anyone know how i can turn off this function ?

  2. #2
    likefre's Avatar
    likefre no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    870

    Re: e-mail problem.....

    Try this :
    For the copy of sent emails issue:
    Quick fix: You can set a rule or filter on the blackberry account. Log on to your blackberry account.
    a) Select "filters" on the account is doing this
    b) Select "Add Filter"
    c) On the filter name, choose any name you want
    d) On the "Apply filter when" field, select "From" field
    e) On the "contains" field, put your email adress
    f) Select "Do not forward messages to handheld" and click save

    Let us know if this works for you..

  3. #3
    xcrskim's Avatar
    xcrskim no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    32B6C256
    Posts
    64

    Re: e-mail problem.....

    where can i log into my blackberry account from ?

  4. #4
    Dubdub's Avatar
    Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4
    Posts
    653

    Re: e-mail problem.....

    Log in to your BIS account and edit each email account to delete the cc:

  5. #5
    xcrskim's Avatar
    xcrskim no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    32B6C256
    Posts
    64

    Re: e-mail problem.....

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cant seem to find it

  6. #6
    burgessgolfs's Avatar
    burgessgolfs no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9

    Question Re: e-mail problem.....

    Hey ALL,

    Finally up and running, and already can tell that I'll need a 12 step program to separate me from it.

    Question (8703e): It seems to be working at times, but would like to understand it better. I want e-mails I delete from the bb to be deleted on my laptop, and email I delete on my laptop to be deleted from my BB. Does this only happen when I sync? Do I have to go to the to bb to "reconcile now" or does that have anything to do with it?

    I have deleted some on both handheld and laptop, but have used all 3 methods (sync,reconcile now, or is it just wait?) and i am not sure what is doing it.

    Thanks!

  7. #7
    ljbyar's Avatar
    ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    7,818

    Re: e-mail problem.....

    Quote Originally Posted by burgessgolfs
    Hey ALL,

    Finally up and running, and already can tell that I'll need a 12 step program to separate me from it.

    Question (8703e): It seems to be working at times, but would like to understand it better. I want e-mails I delete from the bb to be deleted on my laptop, and email I delete on my laptop to be deleted from my BB. Does this only happen when I sync? Do I have to go to the to bb to "reconcile now" or does that have anything to do with it?

    I have deleted some on both handheld and laptop, but have used all 3 methods (sync,reconcile now, or is it just wait?) and i am not sure what is doing it.

    Thanks!
    Welcome to the Stacks Burgessgolfs. On BES, while email is immediately delivered to your desktop and BB (sometimes to the BB first), moves and deletions are not instantaneous. If you delete an email on your PC and empty your recycle bin before it syncs, it will not delete it from your BB and vice versa because it won't find the item to reconcile.

  8. #8
    likefre's Avatar
    likefre no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    870

    Re: e-mail problem.....

    Quote Originally Posted by xcrskim
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cant seem to find it
    Try:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    Let us know if this helps!

  9. #9
    burgessgolfs's Avatar
    burgessgolfs no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9

    Re: e-mail problem.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Welcome to the Stacks Burgessgolfs. On BES, while email is immediately delivered to your desktop and BB (sometimes to the BB first), moves and deletions are not instantaneous. If you delete an email on your PC and empty your recycle bin before it syncs, it will not delete it from your BB and vice versa because it won't find the item to reconcile.

    Thanks ljbyar,

    Okay, got the laptop part, not to empty recycle bin until after I sync. On the BB, should I not hit "reconcile now" ? Just sync and it will reconcile?

    What does the "reconcile now" function do on the 8703e?

  10. #10
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: e-mail problem.....

    Your BB will automatically reconcile (assuming everything is working properly and you're on BES). Reconcile Now just forces it to do so immediately.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •