hey all, i have been thinking very seriously about acquiring the 8700c for my cingular ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

oyster rsx no está en línea Stack level 2

Dust under 8700c screen?

Advertisement

hey all, i have been thinking very seriously about acquiring the 8700c for my cingular account. i have heard there was some problems with it however, apparantly dust gets under the screen? i was wondering if anyone knows if this problem has been fixed? please any help is greatly appreciated...

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Re: Dust under 8700c screen?

I heard the dust problem was fixed, apperently they have a few revisions that you can tell by the battery cover being dfferent.

Though I would still call Cingular and possibly ask if they know about the issue; I don't have an 8700 (yet) so I don't personaly know if it's been fixed or not, I'm just going by what people on various forums have said.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

oyster rsx no está en línea Stack level 2

ok thank you, how can i tell if the battery cover is differnet then the first release?

jedd no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CFFC13

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~dust under the screen was a manufacturers defect. A batch of 8700's went out with bad seals around the screen.This is covered by the Cingar one year warrenty. Just send me a message and I'll give you the number to call to replace your BB. It takes 2-3 business days, or you can pay $7.00 to have it overnighted. When the new one arrives, just throw your old one in the prestamped box that comes with it and you're set.

nremtb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203c2d33

can i get the number my 8700 has some dust under the screen now. thanks alot

mobilemetal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404e2ab

I called Cingular about this exact problem. Dust under the screen, and the first rep I got told me that I must have dropped and damaged the unit; they didn't even want to see it, they just denied it outright! So I called back the next day, and spoke with a different rep, he sent me a replacement unit right away.

Same poor treatment from some reps.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Hah, I love how two different reps will say two different things about the same problem. I'm a Rogers dealer, and I deal with dozens of reps a day, and I always get a different story. Ever our Dealer line has some morons answering the phones. Makes life so much easier having monkeys doing customer support. No offense to anyone here that does answer calls. Its not you, its everyone else.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have T-Mobile and have never had dust under my BB screens but I have dealt with some really nasty reps about other phone problems. Before we broke up, I used to have a family plan with my ex and he'd call them to troubleshoot problems with my phone, with me on my pc using Yahoo Messenger with voice. Several reps told him that unless he had my phone or I was on the phone with them, they could not help. He got really nasty with them and told them why I was not with him at his house (at the time I was having issues preventing me from travelling to be with him) or why he didn't have the phone, and some either backed down or hung up. The other day I called about my email signature and provisioning, activating, service books, etc., and had a rep hang up on me after giving minimal instructions. That same day, a few hours later, I got a WONDERFUL rep who walked me thru the same steps and helped me with my email problem. Other than those few problems, I've never had a rep cause me any problems in 3 years. U just have to catch them when they're in a good mood.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Unfortunatly in today's world sometimes you get a good person, and sometimes you don't. It just like anything else, wait staff at a resturant, cashier at Wal Mart. You have to do the best that you can.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

nremtb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203c2d33

i recently called cingular and they told me it would not be aproblem to replace the unit, also i have a stuck pixel. will my pin change if i chage units of can i keep the same one

MrDJ921 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Dust under the screen on my 8700c

Any one else experiencing this?

justelise no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203C9815

Do you have to have the Cingular Lock/Line insurace to get a replacement device? If so, it seems that the lock/line insurance does not cover data devices. Can anyone explain Cingular's policy on replacements?
    justelise
    http://itsreallyjustme.net
    Drop by my blog and say hi!
    If you need Gmail, lemme know!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Yes, your pin will change with a new phone. Make sure you post the new one!

minavarrete no está en línea Stack level 1

I called Cingular regarding dust under my Pearl and the rep told me that they have no complaints about dust getting under the screen and that warrenty doesn't cover dust under the screen. Also I would have to pay $250 for a new phone. So I called Research In Motion (RIM) who also said I'm the first person to complain about dust under the screen of the blackberry pearl and I would have to pay $200 for repairs. Any advice because I dont want to buy a new phone I just purchased this one for $300 two months ago!