Since I'm new here, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but i've noticed ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

screendust no está en línea Stack level 1

Dust Behind The Screen

Advertisement

Since I'm new here, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but i've noticed lots of dust particles collecting behind the screen of the 8700. I'm replacing my third one now and my carrier finally acknowledged that there is a problem with the 8700 and dust particles landing behind the screen.....shame, because it is so good? Anyone else noticing that? Sometimes you can notice it when it's lit up, but usually it's really evident when it goes dark

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Dust Behind The Screen

Yes that was a HUGE widespread problem with the first batch of 8700c's. I thought it was fixed by now. Here's another thread about it http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1284

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I noticed dust particles on my 7100T behind the screen, I took it apart and cleaned it out and off and then put it back together.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Never had that problem with the 7100t or my 8700g.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

screendust no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for all of your quick responses, I had the same problem from day 1 - dust behind the screen on my first unit in November, they immediately replaced it and said it was a problem. They were backordered for 6 weeks and finally my new one arrived......after a 3 months, more dust. Rogers replaced it again, but it took 2 reps (1 supervisor to have the unit replaced) then I got the new one yesterday (after it was backordered again) and I had a LCD pixel that was not right, so it's now going back - I'm waiting for unit # 4 to arrive next week. Big blackberry fan, not totally impressed with the 8700 - not the same build quality or as rugged as earlier models

WOW I've never had any of those problems with my 7xxx series. Only problems that I had, and required a replacement BB, were dropped (and never recovered) signals on 1 7730 and 1 7100t (which also developed a power button problem). The 7xxx and earlier models seem to be the most rugged devices on the planet lol
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-19-2006 at 02:26 PM.

If, after you get the 8700r, and STILL have problems, check out these models I found on blackberry.com from Rogers: 7290 and 7280; and from what I've seen on at least 3 forums (this one and 2 others), the 7290 seems to be very popular.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-20-2006 at 02:22 AM.

Yes the 7290 is popular Erica I agree, that's why I can't wait to get the 8700g or maybe I'll wait for the 8700 3g BB. They're just souped up versions of the 7290. Still loving my full qwerty keyboard.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

"Dust behind the screeeeeeeennn,
    All it is dust behind the screen (all it is is dust behind the screen)
    Dust, behind the screeeeeennn (Everyone has dust in the screen),
    Everyone has dust, behind their screen"

A little shout out to Kansas. Don't know if most people here would know what I was talking about, but oh well...I guess purely for my enjoyment.

Dust behind the screen can be annoyingggggggggg! Very annoying, you have this pretty theme with little specks of anythingggggg staring at you! It may only be dust, dust behind the screen. But it's annoying dust behind the screen!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ok...so where exactly is this dust being located?
    I personally have not had this problem. So it is located behind the actual screen itself? Or between the front glass part of the berry in the space between that and the actual screen itself?

Ok...actually, you know what. Why doesn't someone just create a "Dust Theme" and then all you that are experiencing this won't notice it as much.

On my 7100T it was located between the plastic covering and the actual screen. Since I am a pc tech, I simply took the device apart and cleaned it! Everyone may not be comfortable doing this! But is was annoying enough for me to take it apart, so I can probably see it being annoying enough to want the problem fixed or the bb replaced. Hey, a dust theme would be interesting any volunteers!