Hi all, Yesterday I tried to OTA download the RIM AIM client on my Sprint ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

okayplayer1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Duplicate browser icon - AIM related?

Advertisement

Hi all,

Yesterday I tried to OTA download the RIM AIM client on my Sprint 8703e. I got to the 'Download/Cancel' screen, and decided to cancel. The next time I checked my BB, I had two identical browser icons, each with a second 'Links' folder on the Bookmarks page. This second links folder includes 'Install AOL Instant Messenger'. I tried to hide the second browser, but both icons seem to be linked.

I then fully installed AIM, and uninstalled it. Still two browser icons. I resent service books - still two browser icons. As a last ditch, I went into the service books and found two new items:

'Sprint BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service' and
    'Wireless Village - AIM [SMP]'

I deleted both of these items, and the second browser disappeared. However, this morning, the second browser (and the two service books) are back.

Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone have any thoughts? I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

sele no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Duplicate browser icon - AIM related?

Not sure why the second browers keeps coming back to you. The second browser was installed when you installed aim but on mine when I deleted the service book for the "Sprint Blackberry Internet Browsing Service" it went away and has not reappeared after 2 days and at least 1 reboot. I still have aim (Wireless Village - AIM) installed though.

msgdawkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30E861A5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) any fix to this problem... i have the same problem. Please advise

okayplayer1 no está en línea Stack level 1

All seems to be well now...I still have both service books, but only one browser. My browser does have the 'Install AOL Instant Messenger' link, though....