Hi all, I have searched the forums and can't find an answer to this so ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

colyer no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Downloading with the 8700

Advertisement

Hi all,

I have searched the forums and can't find an answer to this so I'm hoping someone can help me. Now this isn't work related, but it definitely will be a saviour at those long airport waits

I am trying to download the Ultimate Bet client to my 8700 from their wap site. I keep getting the "413 Request Entity Too Large" error. I am providing all the info I think is applicable. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if anyone has ANY thoughts. Thanks a lot!!!

Size of app: 278976
    File Free:43596296
    File Total: 66846720
    Browser: Blackberry (No other option)
    Service: Blackberry

Thoughts?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Downloading with the 8700

If you aren't using the "internet browser" try that. It seems to have less issues for me than my Cingular or BlackBerry browser when working with downloads.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pardon my ignorance, but the "internet browser"? When I got to the settings for browser it only gives me one choice... Blackberry.

martin_j001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24347b90

^^That sounds like your problem right there. You should have another browser that decaults to html, that when you highlight the icon it says "Internet Browser" on the bottom of the screen. Try re-registering the device (Options->Advanced->Host Routing Table->click scroll wheel and choose "re-register"), or resending your service books from within BIS. I ended up having to call Cingular to have mine pushed down to the device by them....
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

The Internet Browser will only show up on BES accounts, it is an MDS browser created by BES. Personal accounts will only have the Blackberry Browser. You may try to change your emulation mode, see if that helps.

More newbie questions.....but first, I have a BES as this is a corporate BB.

How do I change the emulation mode? If these questions are too basic, please let me know and I'll stop asking.

thanks again,
    Jason

I registered my device, but nothing has changed... Still the same BlackBerry Browser.

ok, found the emulation mode. Changed it to IE and the same problem. Tried Openwave and Netscape. Same problem.

PIN/ID
    24347b90

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    The Internet Browser will only show up on BES accounts, it is an MDS browser created by BES. Personal accounts will only have the Blackberry Browser. You may try to change your emulation mode, see if that helps.
    "Internet Browser" is all I've been using on my 8700c with Cingular, that is not on a BES.
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

bump - Can anyone give me a hand here?

PIN/ID
    24347b90

You can only download using the "Internet Browser". When you highlight the icon for this, it will say "Internet Browser" across the bottom of the screen. If you don't have that, it may have been disabled by your BES admin....
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

Thanks Martin. I spoke to the BES admin and he doesn't believe it was disabled, but he's checking. If it has been for some reason and he cannot renable is there any other way for me to get it?

PIN/ID
    24347b90

Have them push down the service books to your device again would be my thoughts. I'm not a BES expert though, so I could be entirely wrong on that, but it certainly does sound as if you're missing one of the service books that allows you access to that other browser. Try this just to be sure though: hold the alt key and click the scroll wheel at the same time, and choose "show all", and see if for some reason the icon hasn't been hidden on your device....
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

Checked the Show All first thing - good idea though, you never know. I'll talk to the BES guys again and see if they see anything....

Under the service book there isn't anything for Internet Browser, just Cingular Browser... Which I'm guessing is the alias for Blackberry Browser. The three items that have circle with line through them are: IPPP for BIBS, Cingular WAP Secure Transport and IPPP for 5 Click. Not sure if that helps.