How do I download applications that are on my BlackBerry to my computer? For example, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jabbamonkey no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Download Apps from BB to computer

Advertisement

How do I download applications that are on my BlackBerry to my computer?

For example, I downloaded an application via WAP to my BLACKBERRY. Now, I want to download the application to my computer (so I have the option of editing the application, or uploading it to my own site). How do I go about doing this?

When I BACKUP the blackberry, the applications I want to download don't backup separately (and they arent in the ADVANCED option list for backing up the BB).

When I try APPLICATION LOADER, this only shows apps that I have UPLOADED from my COMPUTER. This list doesnt show the apps on my BB that I downloaded via WAP.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Jabbamonkey

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Download Apps from BB to computer

First of all I don't think you'll be able to edit that program and if you want to upload to you site you would be better ask the person who made the program.

You would be better using eFile

Question Re: Download Apps from BB to computer

I have permission for the program already, so there's no problem there. I just need to know how to download an application to the BB.

So efile can do it? Where do I get this? Will efile work if I don't have an internet/WAP connection? (I downloaded the apps to my BB using a friends sim card, who had internet access).

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Jabamonkey, I don't think you can edit the file installed on the BB, you need the source code to edit, then recompile or what ever the BB JDE does to convert the code to COD/JAD/JAR files for installation on the BB. I may be wrong though, I'm not a BB Developer.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Alright, can someone answer the other question. Can I still download the file from my BB to my computer?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

If you have a theme or or application and you want to transfer it from your BB to your pc that is not possible. RC is correct where you need the source file.

For instance, on your pc for a theme you will have a .thm file, it converts to .cod and .alx so your phone will read the theme. So basically you are trying to take an .alx file and bring it to your pc, but it is read only by your BB, so you need to convert the .alx to .thm, which is something I have tried but cant accomplish.

Same for an OTA application. You BB will read the .cod and .jad files, so when you take them off your BB and put them on the pc they are BB read only, so your pc needs to convert them to open them to edit.

What applications are you trying to locate the source file for? Maybe we can help you.

I'm not worried about the source anymore. I just want to be able to backup all the applications on my BB in case anything happens to it. And, if a friend wants an app, I want to be able to email them the file via a PC.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ok I understand what you are trying to do, so which ones are you trying to locate. I have so many applications on my BB for the same reason you do. Make a list, and we will see what we can do.

I dont have an internet connection with my BlackBerry - So, I used a friends sim card in my BB to download apps. Then I replaced the sim card again, and no longer have internet access.

Well, here's the problem ... all of the games below were free using the internet on my BB ... but when I check the game sites via the regular internet (via my PC), they all charge for the games. Odd.

Well, if something happens to my blackberry, and these games become NO LONGER free via the internet on BB ... then I am stuck. (Or, I may not be able to borrow my friends sim card again)

Rooster
    RagingRivers
    Bass Assassin
    Klondike
    CirclePopper
    MeteorCrusher
    MedievalKings 2
    Ka-Glom
    Spider Solitaire