Hi, Last week I upgraded my device software, operating system, firmware, whatever you want to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

vwchappy no está en línea Stack level 1

Downgrade from 4.2 to 4.1 OS

Advertisement

Hi,

Last week I upgraded my device software, operating system, firmware, whatever you want to call it on my 8700g from the original 4.1.?.? (I forget whatever revision came w/ it) up to the current 4.2.1.107. I don't like it for the following reasons:

1) I used to use the scroll wheel to unlock it, now I have to push *+greencallkey.
    2) The ringtones are much quieter.
    3) operating a little slower especially when in browser getting a lot of hourglass.
    4) I can't find the display text/size that I used to use (which I like, but don't remember font and size, which was the default on the old OS)

Basically, I want to go back to 4.1 but I don't know how - or I should say, I can't find it anywhere. I went on the tmobile site and found it for the 7290, but when it locked up while installing on my PC.

Any help??

thanks!!

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC

Re: Downgrade from 4.2 to 4.1 OS

Quote Originally Posted by vwchappy View Post
    Hi,

Last week I upgraded my device software, operating system, firmware, whatever you want to call it on my 8700g from the original 4.1.?.? (I forget whatever revision came w/ it) up to the current 4.2.1.107. I don't like it for the following reasons:

1) I used to use the scroll wheel to unlock it, now I have to push *+greencallkey.
    2) The ringtones are much quieter.
    3) operating a little slower especially when in browser getting a lot of hourglass.
    4) I can't find the display text/size that I used to use (which I like, but don't remember font and size, which was the default on the old OS)

Basically, I want to go back to 4.1 but I don't know how - or I should say, I can't find it anywhere. I went on the tmobile site and found it for the 7290, but when it locked up while installing on my PC.

Any help??

thanks!!
    If you want to get the original 4.1 back from tmobile. I have the copied of 4.1. if you interesting to get the copy 4.1 of CD burn I would send. cost you two dollars for shipping.

Let me Know asap

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

here it is for ATT
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

choose the 8700c, then scroll down a couple of entries to the 4.1 OS

make sure you delete/uninstall from control panel the 4.2 OS

vwchappy no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the replies. I guess installing the ATT version would be fine considering I have Tmo? I will give it a shot. I think my biggest beef w/ 4.2 is the whole "unlock" thing.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

the 'carrier' doesn't really matter...your blackberry will remain TMO branded