Hi! I'm hoping that you all can help me with a problem. I installed a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

abigorbot no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Double OS after wiping BB

Advertisement

Hi!

I'm hoping that you all can help me with a problem. I installed a bad OS and am trying to put back the last version that I was using. I have an 8700g from T-mobile. This is the os I'm trying to install.
    8700M_PBr4.1.0_rel529_PL2.0.0.152_A4.1.0.377_Cingu lar

I've used the JL_Cmder v1.8.3 to wipe the bb and I've used the instructions in this thread http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...-software.html to do a clean uninstall of the desktop software but when I reinstall the OS then install the desktop software and run it. The app loader shows that I have two OS's in the BB. I've included a screenshot of what the app loader looks like.

Can anyone help me fix this problem?

I just looked at my screenshot again and it does say "core" and "system applications". That doesn't mean a double application right?

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa

Re: Double OS after wiping BB

no it doesn't
    Buck!!!
    Always somewhere else

abigorbot no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by officer
    no it doesn't
    Thank you for the quick reply. I've been wrangling with 4.2 all morning and it's been horribly fustrating. I feel like I know that device better but I think I'm going to stick with this version for a bit.

graphreak no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by abigorbot
    Hi!

I'm hoping that you all can help me with a problem. I installed a bad OS and am trying to put back the last version that I was using. I have an 8700g from T-mobile. This is the os I'm trying to install.
    8700M_PBr4.1.0_rel529_PL2.0.0.152_A4.1.0.377_Cingu lar

I've used the JL_Cmder v1.8.3 to wipe the bb and I've used the instructions in this thread http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...-software.html to do a clean uninstall of the desktop software but when I reinstall the OS then install the desktop software and run it. The app loader shows that I have two OS's in the BB. I've included a screenshot of what the app loader looks like.

Can anyone help me fix this problem?

I just looked at my screenshot again and it does say "core" and "system applications". That doesn't mean a double application right?
    What you see in the App Loader Screenshot is actually each and every Module
    that makes up the complete OS which would be installed on the handheld-
    if you go ahead with it from this stage.
    It is One OS only.
    Highlighting "Blackberry 4.1 System Software" and clicking on the 'Details'
    button should show the list of Modules currently on the handheld and
    the ones that would be installed next to that.
    Similarly, highlighting "Blackberry 4.1 Core Applications' then hitting 'Details'
    button would do a similar function.

HTH.
    ~Graph
    8700g>DASH><8320><P1i><E71-2><G1>