Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi All, I just successfully installed 4.2/SP1 BDM because I upgraded to Vista. I am ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

MMB916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

Question How to install BB Device Manager 4.2/8700c?

Advertisement

Hi All,

I just successfully installed 4.2/SP1 BDM because I upgraded to Vista. I am having the same problem with Media Manager. I get an error when I try to use Media Manager saying I need BB Device Manager 4.2.

I know the Device Manager is something different then the desktop software, correct? Cingular said this was to be released in February. Has anyone solved this issue or knows where to get the Device Manager 4.2 so I can utilize the Meida Manager?

Thank you so very much in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex732
    I am trying to use the Media Manager feature in Desktop Manager with my 8700, it is giving me an error message saying i dont have Blackberry Device Software 4.2 or later on my device. can i get that software and is it possible to trasfer it to my phone. lastly, will this allow me to transfer media from my computer to my phone? Thanks
    Best Regards,
    Mara
    8700c and lovin' it

PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

Question Re: How to install BB Device Manager 4.2/8700c?

OK....so I checked the Device Manager software version (found it ) and I have version 4.2.1.9. Now I'm confused why the Media Manager won't work Any thoughts?

Thanks again....

Quote Originally Posted by MMB916
    Hi All,

I just successfully installed 4.2/SP1 BDM because I upgraded to Vista. I am having the same problem with Media Manager. I get an error when I try to use Media Manager saying I need BB Device Manager 4.2.

I know the Device Manager is something different then the desktop software, correct? Cingular said this was to be released in February. Has anyone solved this issue or knows where to get the Device Manager 4.2 so I can utilize the Meida Manager?

Thank you so very much in advance for your help.
    Best Regards,
    Mara
    8700c and lovin' it

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Do I Need To Install Desktop Software??

It's not talking about Device Manager 4.2, It's saying Device Software 4.2, meaning the BB OS and Application Software. Media Manager won't work because your 8700 uses OS 4.1.x.xxx, not Version 4.2.x.xx. Media Manager is specific to OS 4.2 devices, for which, only the Pearl is currently available. The 8800 is due out this month supposedly and it will be 4.2 also.

Sorry.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks so very much, Rcbjr. Sad but true!! Oh well!!

Any talk of an upgrade in the future for us 8700 users? Or is this where there might be a possible issue with keyboard compatibility?

Thanks again in advance!

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Agree with everybody above, install dm if for no other reason than to back up your device. It also comes in handy like a previous post said if for some reason you have to end up reinstalling your os.
    PIN - 24053627

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by MMB916
    Thanks so very much, Rcbjr. Sad but true!! Oh well!!

Any talk of an upgrade in the future for us 8700 users? Or is this where there might be a possible issue with keyboard compatibility?

Thanks again in advance!
    Rumors only, but it's not keyboard compatibilty that's the problem, it's the lack of Memory expansion. I think it is possible that not having the extra memory would lead to a lot of inexperinced users adding too many songs and having memory problems with other apps.

Just my thoughts
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

Post Re: Do I Need To Install Desktop Software??

Makes a lot of sense. Thanks so very much for your thoughts and help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Rumors only, but it's not keyboard compatibilty that's the problem, it's the lack of Memory expansion. I think it is possible that not having the extra memory would lead to a lot of inexperinced users adding too many songs and having memory problems with other apps.

Just my thoughts
    Rcbjr.
    Best Regards,
    Mara
    8700c and lovin' it

opentoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Having such limited amount of memory and no card slot, the 8700 model is very limited and really only good for SMS, email and phone. If you are into multi-media and would like music/video stay away from the 8700. It's all business and no "fun".

macal1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello all instead of starting a new topic, I installed the dm and it says it is disabled. I have no clue on how to fix this. The application loader will not connect either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12