Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by giamburrasca I have twice reassembled this device, still works ok but there ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by giamburrasca
    I have twice reassembled this device, still works ok but there has always been a discernible gap at the top between the two silver keys, however tight the screws are. Anybody want a rough working 02 8700g cheap (like $50 plus S&H)
    I have the same problem my screws are tight but I have this gap about a 1/16 of an inch between those top silver keys as well. I've never been able to get that gap closed cause it appears that nothing snaps across that top but before taking apart it was completely sealed. :cry:

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Yes, it is possible to change the innards of the device, but you are also talking about, for example, if you are putting a G into a C, you are going to have to use the C keyboard, etc. I don't want to do that. I simply want to change the front and back plate, not use a different keyboard or anything.

<pic snipped>

Above picture for instance...Would the keys line up? I am sure they would. But if you note the distinct difference in the size of the talk/end keys, the keyboard keys, the design of the keyboard keys, they are different. Therefore, simply swaping a casing isn't going to be the case...you are going to have to mix and match the pieces of the device.
    Ah. I see what you're after now. The keypad keys fit, but the dialing keys do not (different shapes and widths), so a simple swap of faceplates is not possible. Sorry.

You'd have to splice the upper portion of the keypad from the C to the lower portion of the G to do the kind of swap you are talking about. If you bonded the two pieces well it would be fine, but if you left them floating independently, you'd probably wind up with a TON of slop in the dialing keys.

I consider the keys part of the faceplate, since they are unique to the style of faceplate the BB has. ie- 8700g & 8703e can swap keypads, but not with an 8700c or 8700r.

When you treat the keypad as part of the faceplate, then yes, you can swap them until your wrists hurt from turning the old T6.

Besides the size and shape of the 3 dialing buttons, the only difference between the G and C keypads is the G has the numbers as half black, while the C has them as silver. The feel exactly the same in use. The G is slightly less visible when it's pitch black out, but I don't find it significantly so.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Yeah I am lazy and don't want to do all that work. I want to find a phone that I can just take apart for the housing so that I can repaint the housing, and then just swap them out without having to do much modding to it, if any.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    So you just need the outer housing? Which model?
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    8700G...and yeah, just the outer housing (Front and rear) and the battery door...I am wanting to paint and customize the device, however, I want to keep the original housing also.

I am thinking of going with a Black and Silver look for the device...All black, and then on the back where it says "blackberry" doing that in silver...

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    bbrepairshop dot com sells housings.

Jrkohler5000 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4159A

Re: Disassembling an 8700

Is it possible to change the 8700c into the 8700v from Vodafone ?

Jim

23E4159A
    Last edited by Jrkohler5000; 03-18-2007 at 05:29 PM.
    Jim

23E4159A

funeralizer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404B872

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just ordered a 8707v housing for my 8700g just to make it look different than everybody elses my 8700g is 2 weeks old!

Jrkohler5000 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4159A

I swapped out my 8700c to the 8700v ... no problem , took maybe 20 minutes .... worked out great
    Jim

23E4159A

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    Need some help guys. I have an old 8700c that I came across yesterday. When I vought it months ago, I discovered that people could not hear me, but I could hear them. The housing seemed a little flimsy also.

Anyways, I lost track of it for a while, but today I decided to take it apart and check the microphone. I took the first 3 screws out, then had a hart time at the top of the phone, guess there are clips there?

I popped it apart, realized the other 4 screws were missing :/ Guess this is why it felt flimsy, internal components not attached to back piece of housing.
    But..I guess after I put it back together, I broke the clips at the top, now there's a huge gap between the pieces. I have a new housing I bought for someone else, but dont want to break those pieces..so what's the best way to put this back together without breaking those clips.

FYI...after opening and cleaning with air, the mic works again.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    You may have missed the two clips at the top completely, so they may not be broken.

When putting the 87 series back together, take note that there are two clips at the top that slide underneath onto the front of the housing.

Best thing is to attach those first.

Gimme a few and I will take a picture.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Okay...On the Internal/Back Piece there are two "holes"

Then, on the faceplate side, there are two "hooks". These are right above the earpiece speaker:

Then, when you go to put them together, do it at and angle with the top first...You will need to press down a little bit to get the clips under:

PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    Oh, I defintely broke the clips, they're laying on my desk, lol. But I have other housing, so I should be good. But I'm still missing the 4 screws, I don't want to put the phone into the new housing until I have them. I saw them online for 15 dollars, anyone have some for sale any cheaper than that?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Hah. Um. A local radio shack should have some.
    Or depending on how quick you need them, shoot me a PM and I can snail mail you some. I have tons laying around.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    Pm'ed, I definitely need those screws mailed to me. Thanks.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast