Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by giamburrasca Hi N8, it is identical to the one pictured on the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by giamburrasca
    Hi N8, it is identical to the one pictured on the other site.
    ?

Do you mean the one listed above in this thread?

I am trying to figure out, because apparently an 8700C housing won't fit an 8700G. And the one listed above is an 8700C...Or did I miss what the other site was?

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Sorry N8, pressed the "post" key before I meant to. The keyboard is fine and the screen is unmarked internally. The trackwheel seems to me to need a tad more pressure than my own, but that could just be a different device. Everything works just fine and there is no evidence of it ever being used on a data plan of any kind. How do I upload photos to this site?

PIN/ID
    256223F9
    N8 what I should have said is that the strip down works just as in the pics from the other site, but mine is an 8700g from O2. Hope that helps

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by giamburrasca
    How do I upload photos to this site?
    When you are composing a reply, look down to the bottom, and you will see a button that says "manage attachements". Click that and it will give you the option to add pictures to a post.

PIN/ID
    256223F9
    N8 this was the ebay pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Hmm, the photo looks better than the BB! What I'm tryin' to say here is that the housing is very rough (looks like the guy carried around in a pocket of sand) but the innards work just fine. With a new housing, external screen and a good blow from an airline inside, this baby will be as good as new.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    Heh. I've been dismantling BB's since the 857s came out.

Found that guide on the other site a few months ago, and it's allowed me to repair some 8700's with busted LCD's by swapping in screens from devices that died by other means but had intact screens. Also swapped housings on a few, including my 8700c, which has been in an 8700g case for a few months now. I got sick of the silver housing.

It's also the easiest way to deal with dust that gets between the LCD and outer casing.

I plan on painting some of the more scuffed dead housings I have here. Thinking Batphone red for one, although I might use that toolcoating stuff I mentioned in an older pearl thread on one just for fun.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    ?

I am trying to figure out, because apparently an 8700C housing won't fit an 8700G. And the one listed above is an 8700C...Or did I miss what the other site was?

Not true. The 8700g, 8700c, and 8703e are identical once you take off the outer case. The inner case (the black plastic visible from the side) is the same for all three. the pins on the back of the keypads are all in the same spot - only the shape of the keycaps is different.

Only one I'm not sure of yet is the 8707v, but we should be getting two for loaner use soon I think, so I'll find out then.

jonnyedge no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204dc23d
    Wow. That's very impressive. I've dismabtled a few and miz and matched a few phones. Nothing like that though. I taken razor and made them half black and silver and repaired a lot of the basic phones. The only data phones I've had expierences with were the tmobile sda and the blackberry 7100. And that didn't go over to well. What was that website that showed u how to dismantle the blackberry?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    256223F9
    johnnyedge, the link is on p1 of this thread

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    we need to get our own instructions so we don't have to go to ANY other site to find it

i volunteer N8

PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    I may be bringing in a digicam and tripod tomorrow or Friday, so I may be able to do one if enough people want it.

Actually, If I don't fall asleep when I get home (unlikely, but it could happen) I may just do one there, since I put the 8700g innards in my 8700c housing.

7.up no está en línea Stack level 1
    i bought a cingular 8700 the case was beated up pretty bad so i got a new housing off of ebay and swapping it was pretty much 1,2 ,3

PIN/ID
    256223F9
    It would be really helpful if somebody could do a post on 8700 compatibility, i.e. what innards go with what casings.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWrangler
    I may be bringing in a digicam and tripod tomorrow or Friday, so I may be able to do one if enough people want it.
    Yes, it is possible to change the innards of the device, but you are also talking about, for example, if you are putting a G into a C, you are going to have to use the C keyboard, etc. I don't want to do that. I simply want to change the front and back plate, not use a different keyboard or anything.

Above picture for instance...Would the keys line up? I am sure they would. But if you note the distinct difference in the size of the talk/end keys, the keyboard keys, the design of the keyboard keys, they are different. Therefore, simply swaping a casing isn't going to be the case...you are going to have to mix and match the pieces of the device.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast