i recently purchased an 8700c. by incorrectly typing in the password 10 times i was ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jrgoss713 no está en línea Stack level 1

disabling password protection

Advertisement

i recently purchased an 8700c. by incorrectly typing in the password 10 times i was able to reset my device. now with i connect it to my laptop i am asked for a password? when i enter my new password i am told that it is incorrect. again, i entered it 10 times incorrectly to reset, but am still getting an invalid password response. how do i reset my password, or even remove it completely from my device and my laptop. i had to download the software from Blackberry.com because it was not sent with my 8700. i cannot access the application loader, i assume, for that reason. please help.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: disabling password protection

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rotection.html

i hope that helps...thats all i can really come up with...

welcome to the stacks jrgross
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

Re: disabling password protection

Quote Originally Posted by jrgoss713
    i recently purchased an 8700c. by incorrectly typing in the password 10 times i was able to reset my device. now with i connect it to my laptop i am asked for a password? when i enter my new password i am told that it is incorrect. again, i entered it 10 times incorrectly to reset, but am still getting an invalid password response. how do i reset my password, or even remove it completely from my device and my laptop. i had to download the software from Blackberry.com because it was not sent with my 8700. i cannot access the application loader, i assume, for that reason. please help.
    First, try to disable the password by going to Options>Security Options>General Settings and the top menu choice will be enable/disable password. If the device does not allow you to disable the password, the look at the bottom of the same screen -- if there is any mention of an IT policy, then you need to remove it. An IT policy is added by company IT departments to control certain aspects of the handhelds their employees use. For example, on yours, the IT policy does not allow the user to remove the password (protecting the company's information if the unit becomes lost) and it does not allow you to access the Application Loader, so you can't add or delete applications. The instructions how to remove an IT policy are here: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy.