Our company has a blackberry 8700C with security settings that mandate a password. I want ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

PennyFord no está en línea Stack level 1

Disable password

Advertisement

Our company has a blackberry 8700C with security settings that mandate a password. I want to disable the password function. Do I need to do a factory reset? Is this possible? What do I need to do?

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Disable password

Unfortunately, if corporate policy mandates it, there is no way to disable it. A couple of things to make it easier: 1) change the timeout as long as possible (mine can be as much as 30 minutes based upon policy settings); 2) make the device password easily typable; and 3) if the device forces a password change after a policy-based time period (mine is 90 days), you can change it and then change it immediately back if desired.

Re: Disable password

Quote Originally Posted by PennyFord
    Our company has a blackberry 8700C with security settings that mandate a password. I want to disable the password function. Do I need to do a factory reset? Is this possible? What do I need to do?
    If it's the company's property and they want it to have the password, I'd just learn to live with it. We don't want you to get in trouble -- But if you need to get rid of the password, you need to remove the IT policy. Go to Options>Security Options>General Settings, and look at the bottom of that screen -- if there is any mention of an IT policy, it's there. Here's how to remove it:
    http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy
    After this process you'll be able to disable the password at Options>Security Options>General Settings.