Whilst waiting for some spare parts to arrive to try and get a rather dead ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bignaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Did I get a good deal?

Whilst waiting for some spare parts to arrive to try and get a rather dead looking 8100 up and running I spotted an 8700g available on a rather well know auction site.

I haven't even seen one of these in the flesh, and have no idea if they are any good or how they compare to the 8100!? However I won the auction, and landed the device for £22 in full working order and good condition.

My question comes in two parts...

1] Am I going to like it?

2] Did I get a good deal?

Looking forward to some feedback from the 87xx community!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    An 8700 is a step backwards from a pearl. On a bright note it has a full keypad. But there is no camera, and it won't double as an mp3 player. Also no memory card support on an 8700.

Trying to remember - its been a long time sence I actually used my 8700. Think of it as a pre-multimeda BB.

However if its a choice between no BB and an 8700, 8700 is deff better.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB ( it is a step back but I am currently using an 8700g and it a beast very durable phone and I know a few people that use it because they would rather have a trackwheel instead of the ball. But it is better than having no berry at all.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    the 8700 was the cornerstone for Blackberry before they got into the multi-media market. You will like it, keep it for a solid backup when you get your Pearl going again