This is my first post on pinstack, I am a new member to this community ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jimmy.p no está en línea Stack level 1

Dictionary/rhyming dictionary/thesaurus s/w for the BB 8700?

Advertisement

This is my first post on pinstack, I am a new member to this community as well as the blackberry itself. I just got both the 8100 and the 8700, I mean I love the handheld itself, but now I need to add some apps that suit my needs, i'm a writer and there would be nothing better than a dictionary, thesaurus or a rhyming dictionary program for me. I was wondering if any of you pinstack members would happen to know of an application and whether or not it costs money or data to be sent out if I use it?

Any response will be greatly appreciated

James

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Dictionary/rhyming dictionary/thesaurus s/w for the BB 8700?

I do not know of any. You might check out handango, www.handango.com and see if they have anything.

Each application is different, so it may or may not use data.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Go to thebogles.com and download the free BerrySearch appliction. It searches google, a dictionary/thesaurus, wikipedia, and more. Also without needing any application you can use google either on your desktop or Blackberry and in the search box type in define:word (no spaces surrounding the colon). This will automagically tell google to search a pile of dictionaries and return results from about 6 - 10 of them. I don't know what to tell you about a rhyming dictionary.

ladyhollman no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy.p
    This is my first post on pinstack, I am a new member to this community as well as the blackberry itself. I just got both the 8100 and the 8700, I mean I love the handheld itself, but now I need to add some apps that suit my needs, i'm a writer and there would be nothing better than a dictionary, thesaurus or a rhyming dictionary program for me. I was wondering if any of you pinstack members would happen to know of an application and whether or not it costs money or data to be sent out if I use it?

Any response will be greatly appreciated

James
    Welcom to the stack! Third party software is availible for your needs.

Most have been mentioned by other posters.