3 times in the last week my 8700g (t-mobile) has turned off and refused to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jaredronis no está en línea Stack level 1

Device won't turn on- solid red light- help!

Advertisement

3 times in the last week my 8700g (t-mobile) has turned off and refused to turn back on for no apparent reason. When I plug it in to any charger a solid red light on the led will come on for a couple seconds then shut off, nothing at all on the screen. If I plug it in without the battery the same red light comes on, nothing on the screen, then the screen will come on with a picture of the battery scratched out.
    I have no reason to believe the battery is bad and I know it's not dead for I had half full before it turned off last.
    It has come back on before but sometimes its a couple of hours, more often a day or 2.
    I tried to erase and reinstall the latest os but it ends in "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

PLEASE HELP!

You guys know better than anybody what it's like being without your blackberry

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Device won't turn on- solid red light- help!

did you try to install something just before this started happening? You may need to reinstall your operating system. There are step-by-step instructions here:

How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected.

you need to follow the steps exactly or it won't work. worth a try!

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats the same link I was going to post to you, use that, I've svaed my pearl using that. Twice

I've tried that and I get to the jvm step and this comes up "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

alright I got the reinstall to work except now all it does is turn on, hour glass for a minute or two, turn off, red light, repeat. Any solutions?