The settings (confirm delivery, confirm read, send read receipts) are ALL turned off for all ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tad232 no está en línea Stack level 1

Device sends "your message has been delivered to the recipient" message?

Advertisement

The settings (confirm delivery, confirm read, send read receipts) are ALL turned off for all three associated email accounts.

For my gmail account (linked via IMAP to the BB) for whatever reason, it sends these messages:

Your message was delivered to the recipient.

--------------------------
    Sent from my Vodafone BlackBerry

I do NOT see them on the device at all, but I can see them in Gmail webmail or Gmail via Outlook. They also have the "Sent from my Vodafone BlackBerry" signature, which confuses me. So they are not sent by my blackberry, but they are sent from the BIS? How can I stop this?

TD

tad232 no está en línea Stack level 1
    So, in answer to my own question:

It seems this setting is originating from the OTHER end. That is to say, these messages are only being sent to blackberrys who have the "confirm delivery" setting turned to "ON."

Apparently when both ends are BlackBerry users, and the traffic travels across the BIS, you don't have a choice whether or not you confirm delivery of messages to your own device. If the other end requests it, the BIS confirms delivery. (I started to wonder when I noticed the delivery confirmations originated at the time the email came onto the device, regardless of when or if I read it)

So far I have noticed this only with Gmail at both ends. Not sure if thats an added condition or just a coincidence.
    Last edited by tad232; 04-23-2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: emotional problems