k this is a SOS call.. hehe.. wat do i do if i forgot my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gtgisnow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046FA4D

Device locked...!!

Advertisement

k this is a SOS call.. hehe.. wat do i do if i forgot my device password... I use a BES on 8700g... are there any chances the BES admin can reset it for me, provided am at a remote place... is a wired reset necessary ?? and suppose if i ve typed in the password already ten times and the data is wiped out, how do i reinstall the BB O.S ? also even if i reinstall OS would my Blackberry still be password locked ?? Please Help...!!

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Re: Device locked...!!

The BES admin can reset your password. They have to select the option to set password and lock device. Here's a link to the O/S page on this forum: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_carrier.html
    You will be able to select a new pwd after wiping your device. Best bet is to contact your admin and have them switch it. Hope this helps.

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

Your BES admin can reset the password remotely (OTA/wirelessly).

You can also reset the device manually by wiping it (erases all data, but if you are on a corp BES re-enterprise activating the handheld will restore your wireless email/calendar/contacts/tasks/memo sync).

If you cannot get your BES admin to reset, you can wipe & re-activate yourself either by:

1) Entering the password incorrectly X times (for us it is 6...but your BES admin may have it set up differently for your IT policy).

2) You can go to Options (wrench icon), then Security Options, and then General Settings. Press in the BB Track Wheel and select "wipe handheld." You will be prompted to type "blackberry" as an indication that you REALLY want to erase all of the data.

(Now...Be sure your wireless is turned ON)

3) Once the device is wiped, you will be prompted to enter a new password and verify (per your IT policy). Then, plug the BB into your PC using your USB cord and start up Desktop Manager.

4) If you have DM 4.1, go to Redirector. If you have DM 4.2 click on Email Settings.

5) You want to select the Security Tab, and then select Generate Keys Manually.

6) Press the "Generate" button. Your encryption key will "re-sync" your device to your BES account. (note: you will need to move your mouse until the encryption key generation is completed...you'll know it is done when the progress bar completes).

7) After you Re-gen the encryption key, click "apply". Wait a few seconds and click on "OK" to exit Redirector.

8) Within a few minutes your handheld will re-enterprise activate (should see multiple options -- such as Address book, Email Settings, Calendar, etc. -- "initialize" and then "complete" one by one. The status will go from 0% to 100% rather quickly on an 8700 model.

9) Your device home screen will show "Activation Complete." Congratulations, you're BB 8700g is now synched back up to BES. Your wireless email, addresses, etc. will be restored.

Your BES admin can also provide you with an OTA password to kick off enterprise activation if you do not have your PC or Desktop Manager with you in your current location.

Hope this helps!

gtgisnow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046FA4D

Hey guys really appreciate your prompt response.. I need to fwd your comments to our BES Admin as he told that there was no way that he could actually reset the password for me... To be frank its for a 8700g which was rendered useless due to an unfortunate demise of our employees... Now we need to revive that handheld back as he was the one who used and set the password for it.. Now I have the responsibility of setting it back functional. Please do contribute if you got additional information.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Hmm, seems like your BES admin could use some training...

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Hmm, seems like your BES admin could use some training...
    You should give him the link to this place. He'll be on his feet in no time.