I have installed Desktop Manager 4.1 to use with a device. I unistalled it and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

myticket no está en línea Stack level 2

Desktop Purge

Advertisement

I have installed Desktop Manager 4.1 to use with a device. I unistalled it and reinstalled it to use with a new device. The reinstalled program remembered all previous settings including the old device PIN. How do I make a complete uninstall to avoid this issue. Thanks.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Desktop Purge

Did you restart windows after the Uninstall?

Yes I did and I tried the instruction from RIM to perform a clean unistall (Article KB-02206). When I reinstall, it still retains all previous settings.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

myticket, Welcome to PinStack.

I assume, since you indicate you are on a BES, that you are trying to set up multiple users from one desktop. If this is not the case, let us know.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Here is hte real problem being encountered. We installed Desktop 4.1 on a users laptop and were challenged with a dialogue box indicating that said "your messaging account is currently configured to use device with PIN XXXX. Would you like to switch to the connected device with PIN YYYY?". We chose "no" and were able to use Desktop to synchronize calendar and contacts folders in their Outlook personal folder instead of the normal exchange folder in outlook. The next time we connected they selected "yes" to the above message then discovered that they could not send e-mail from my device, but could receive mail. We had to re-do the enterprise activiation to enable sending wihtout connecting to Destkop Manager. If we do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Desktop and connect the functioning device, the same failure happens. The recignized PIN is correct for teh device and the one loaded in BES. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

The puzzling thing is that after the reinstall, when DM is opened, the fields are populated with the old device PIN and other settings even before any device has been connected. There must be a data file associated with Outlook or hidden somewhere containing this information, that we need to remove.