Question: I just noticed some odd behavior and I needed some confirmation from the folks ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

cedrones no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448ba8f

Question Desktop Manager, backups, and currently active events???

Advertisement

Question: I just noticed some odd behavior and I needed some confirmation from the folks here. I had my 8700c going off, telling me I had both an alarm and a calendar appointment. I had been snoozing both until I could get back to my desk. When I did get to my desk, I decided to do a quick backup since I would be leaving right away and not returning until after Monday. I sync'd, did a backup, and was shocked to see that my alarm and my calendar event were no longer firing. I knew I did not dismiss both! Does hooking up and backing up wipe out the notifications database on the BB???

Can someone confirm? I am thinking this is just me and I can reload firmware, but I thought I would throw this out there and see what others had to say...

Steve
    Last edited by cedrones; 04-06-2007 at 09:57 AM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Desktop Manager, backups, and currently active events???

Steve, I think the process of backing up and synching must have triggered the alarm to reset itself (stop going off). Anyone else experience this?

cedrones no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448ba8f

Re: Desktop Manager, backups, and currently active events???

Thanks! I think that is the case. I hope someone can confirm. I wonder what else resets the database?
    The liver is EVIL, it must be PUNISHED!!!