Does anyone know how to delete vendor themes and ringtones? I recently added Vodafone, O2, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Deleting Vendor Themes and Ringtones

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to delete vendor themes and ringtones? I recently added Vodafone, O2, etc. to my 8703e (VZW) and didn't like any of the themes as much as Zen (fantastic how to by pentance by the way). Can I remove them along w/ the other vendor themes, BB Dimension Icon, BB Dimension List etc. Is this even worth the trouble? I was thinking it would free up some space for other apps etc. Another question, I've seen references to BB Dimension today, any idea where I can find this theme?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Deleting Vendor Themes and Ringtones

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ To delete the vendor themes you need to restore the blackberry.alx to the way it was before you changed it.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Sorry, that's how you delete themes that you originally unlocked.
    Last edited by cp6169; 12-01-2006 at 03:15 PM.

PIN/ID

Thanks for the help.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Sorry, that's how you delete themes that you originally unlocked.
    Sorry, but this is not true at all. You can delete the preinstalled themes in one of two ways. First, you can edit the alx file and add a vendor code OTHER than your vendor code after all the themes you don't want. Alternatively, you can rename (with .old) or delete the .cod files for the themes you don't want and run the apploader. Just make sure to leave the basic dimension icon theme or your bb will be all messed up (although easily fixed by reversing any step you took).

On my 7130c, the only themes I have showing are dimension icon and dimension today. No Zen. No crappy Cingular theme. Nothing else. I can post screen shots from my work pc tomorrow if anyone wants them.

N8 found a way to delete preloaded ringtones on OS 4.0, but, as far as I know, no one's been able to do it on os 4.1 or 4.2.
    Last edited by cp6169; 12-01-2006 at 03:15 PM.

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the help.