Heyy, I'm new to this forum. But since my father got the BB 8700v and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

heidigirl1606 no está en línea Stack level 1

Delete to handheld?

Advertisement

Heyy,
    I'm new to this forum. But since my father got the BB 8700v and he has no idea to use it, he wants me to find stuff out for him. Anyways, when he recieves an e-mail or a message and wants to delete it( especially with e-mails) he gets the option "To Mailbox&Handheld", "To Handheld" and "Cancel". I'm not quite sure if it says TO handheld since we live in Germany and it says Auf Handheld(German). Now he was wondering what that means and if that maybe still uses the phone's memory. Please help.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Delete to handheld?

It means delete it from the mailbox (outlook or otherwise) and handheld (blackberry) or both. Either way it will take it out of the phone memory. Cancel of course deletes nothing.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

its asking him where he wants to delete the email from,

mailbox and handheld is deleted from both places

Handheld is from blackberry only

cancel means no delete
    Michael

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

mailbox and handheld means it deletes it from both the handheld's inbox and whatever messaging systems inbox that you are synchin with(outlook, lotus notes, gmail, etc.)

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by heidigirl1606
    Heyy,
    I'm new to this forum. But since my father got the BB 8700v and he has no idea to use it, he wants me to find stuff out for him. Anyways, when he recieves an e-mail or a message and wants to delete it( especially with e-mails) he gets the option "To Mailbox&Handheld", "To Handheld" and "Cancel". I'm not quite sure if it says TO handheld since we live in Germany and it says Auf Handheld(German). Now he was wondering what that means and if that maybe still uses the phone's memory. Please help.
    Hello Heidi, welcome to Pin Stack.

Where you have the word "To" in your post, in English the word is "On". The first option will delete the message on the BlackBerry and the email account, the second will delete it only on the BlackBerry, and Cancel allows you to change your mind.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions; many experts lurk around here.

Wow! You folks are fast! There were no replies when I started, and then I was number 5!
    Last edited by ma077146; 08-22-2007 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged.